+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Reader X error message due to Securus. in Technical; Hi all. We've recently upgraded all the workstations to Reader X and now CC3 machines are having trouble running PDF's. ...
    Thank Post

Reader X error message due to Securus.

Hi all.

We've recently upgraded all the workstations to Reader X and now CC3 machines are having trouble running PDF's. They are getting an Securus out of memory error.

I've established that it's a conflict with the new Reader and securus client and I've now got the client that supposedly fixes it. Unfortunately for some reason I cannot get the client to update on my own machine, let alone any others on the network.

Does anyone know if the MSI for this update is deployable via packages? I've tried to create a package and although it says it's installing on start-up, the version remains unchanged. I've also tried unistalling the current client but to no avail as it says some of the files are already in-use.

Any guidence would be appreciated.

Thank Post
    Hi Tom,

Reader X has been out for quite some time, we started having this problem around 18 months ago. The securus client is very specific in the way it works - if tampered with, it will just reinstall itself. You will need the removal tool provided by securus - I spoke to Henry I believe who sorted it.

You will first need to upgrade your server version to the latest version, this will vary depending if you are on standard or securus ng. Next deploy the removal tool. Finally deploy the custom msi to your clients. We are using foxit on our admin network as our local authority refuse to update the server/client that is centrally managed by them.

Hope this helps,

Pete

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteSeddon View Post
    Hi Tom,

Reader X has been out for quite some time, we started having this problem around 18 months ago. The securus client is very specific in the way it works - if tampered with, it will just reinstall itself. You will need the removal tool provided by securus - I spoke to Henry I believe who sorted it.

You will first need to upgrade your server version to the latest version, this will vary depending if you are on standard or securus ng. Next deploy the removal tool. Finally deploy the custom msi to your clients. We are using foxit on our admin network as our local authority refuse to update the server/client that is centrally managed by them.

Hope this helps,

Pete
    If your Server has the latest Securus release on it, and the latest client version, then it will ensure the clients on the PC's are updated automatically. There's no need for you to remove the old version.

Can you let me know what client you're running on the machines at the moment and also which server version? I may be able to help you out and give you some pointers.

Failing that Henry in support at Securus is brilliant! Give him a buzz.

Thank Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies. We're currently running client 6.00.60 and server version 6.00.70. I think there is possibly a problem with the MSI we've recieved, even on a clean machine the installer is installing the wrong version.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnjunaTom View Post
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies. We're currently running client 6.00.60 and server version 6.00.70. I think there is possibly a problem with the MSI we've recieved, even on a clean machine the installer is installing the wrong version.
    That suggests you server is not up to date with the correct client so is 'rolling back' anything you install on the machines. Speak to Support.

Thank Post
    Im just picking this up as it really needs sorting! We haven't really touched Securus for about 2/3 years - though do use it to monitor occasionally. We have server version 6.00.69 with clients 6.00.60.

Is there anything we can do to stop the bug issue with pdf files? I've never had it so bad with staff printing off old exam papers. Ideally dont want to pay alot if anything!

ajs

Thank Post
    Short of raising a call with Securus to get the latest firmware and client, the next best thing to do is to look at disabling Secure Mode within Adobe Reader X to see if that helps.

Thank Post
    we had this issue with our securus client, needed to be upgrade and now running version 7.xx which has been fine

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread