+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Realtek HD Sound Problems in Technical; Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?! Might be being a bit thick, but had a ...

Thank Post

Realtek HD Sound Problems

Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?! Might be being a bit thick, but had a look around, and can't find anywhere to get the solution...

So, got machines, downgraded to XP for the time being until I have a Win7 image set up and tested all software on Win7... So, when first started, sound was working perfectly fine. However, a couple of weeks down the line, and had a machine where someone was using windows movie maker, and the sound from the video was not working. However, when logging off, the sound worked fine, heard the windows log off music.

So, I logged in as admin, and tried opening the video, and the sound was still not working... Going in to Volume Controls, and putting the sound up to top, you usually hear the "ping" it makes. This was not coming out. So, I went in to the Realtek Controls, and tried the 3D Audio Demo page. This played the sound fine:

3d_test.jpg

After a bit of messing about, I found that if I change the environment, within the environment page, I can get the sound from video and everything else working. Reset to <None> and it doesn't work again:

environment.jpg

Anyone had the same problem at all? I tried updating to the latest drivers, and that didn't work. Sound card is the built in sound card on an Intel DH61WW. The graphics driver was originally 5.10.0.6526, and upgrading to 5.10.0.6602 made no difference...

Anyone any ideas on the fault of this, or any ideas on best way to try and find the fault?

Many thanks,

David

Thank Post
    Is there not any options to swap between stereo 2.0 speakers or headphones ( If it is set to headphones, it trys to output the audio to the audio out jack ( 3.5mm ) and you don't hear any audio. Should see this in the realtek audio control panel app it uses or has generally ?

3. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

lovelldr (1st June 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's not to do with jack sensing is it? Try yanking the speakers assuming they are not integrated and plug them back in.

The other thing to do would be use something like procmon to see where the setting is changed for the sound mode then you could apply it as a reg fragment.

5. Thanks to SYNACK from:

mac_shinobi (1st June 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Is there not any options to swap between stereo 2.0 speakers or headphones ( If it is set to headphones, it trys to output the audio to the audio out jack ( 3.5mm ) and you don't hear any audio. Should see this in the realtek audio control panel app it uses or has generally ?
    Cheers. Just checked, and the rear panel part is already set to line out rather than headphones... As said, I can hear certain sounds through headphones fine, it's certain parts where it's not working...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    you could apply it as a reg fragment.
    You know when you've been fragged !!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread