+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Group Policy in Technical; Hi, i recently posted an article regarding group policy, the problem being there are no objects within the policy editors. ...

Thank Post

Group Policy

Hi, i recently posted an article regarding group policy, the problem being there are no objects within the policy editors.

To try and explain what I mean, if i open AD, select an OU, and create a new GP on that OU and then open the policy editor up, I get the normal window.

However, under computer settings "administrative templates" is missing and if I open up any software or windows settings, all i get is "there are no items to show in this view".

This has all come after recently upgrading from a Windows NT server to Windows Server 2003 Standed SP1. The admin pack is installed, however when i try to reinstall, I get an error saying "Windows server 2003 administration pack can only be installed on Windows XP pro, XP Pro sp1 or windows server 2003", the later of which I am definetely running, and is a genuine copy aswell.

My main questions are:

1. Does the admin pack contain anything to do with the group policy editor, thus possibly being the problem

2. Has anyone seen this problem before when upgrading from NT to 2003, I have done this process in 2 other schools and not had any problems.

3. Help me, I'm desperate!x!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jonathan Hambleton
    ICT Network Technician
    Reddish Vale Tech College

Thank Post

Re: Group Policy

Had something similar to this and it turned out the domain admin account that I was using was corrupt. I switched to the domain administrator account and normality was restored. I deleted the server & local profile, logged back in and windows created the account again like it was freshly made.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread