+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Profile Issues in Technical; Hi all, not sure if any of you have came across this before, however, I will explain. We run a ...

Thank Post

Profile Issues

Hi all, not sure if any of you have came across this before, however, I will explain.

We run a windows XP/Windows 7 Network with Server 2008 DC and 2008 functional level for AD/GP.

We use mandatory profiles so that staff and students can roam from PC to PC and see exactly the same things. However, it has been brought to our attention by a student that when logging on to the domain as themselves, they can unplug the CAT5 cable at a certain point at which Windows will use what appears to be a combination of their own profile and the default profile which opens everything up on the desktop and in the start menu. Obviously, this is a security risk and therefore I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a way when there is a sudden loss of network connectivity, the PC simply will not continue to process the logon and returns them to the logon screen or something along those lines.

Thanks in advance

David

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    I have no solution for you I'm afraid, but I've seen this once when we had a issue with Wireless Access points not getting enough power.

As said they can then can see a normal non-limited Start Menu, not the limited domain Start Menu.

At what point does the Group Policy 'Allways wait for the network at computer startup and logon' take effect. We have all Windows 7 clients on domain and a 2008 R2 Schema backend?

Thank Post
    We have an OU called Domain Computers which every PC resides under within other OU's under that. we have a GP called Default Domain Computers Policy assigned to the Domain Computers to which the "Always Wait for the network at computer startup and logon" is applied within administrative templates of the Computer Configuration. We don't have that setting applied to the users.

David

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread