+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, CC4 Printer Mapping Issue in Technical; Afternoon all, We have a fairly new CC4 network here. I am trying to add a new printer to the ...
    Thank Post

CC4 Printer Mapping Issue

Afternoon all,

We have a fairly new CC4 network here. I am trying to add a new printer to the network and deploy it to all staff laptops.

I've added the printer to the server, ticked the box to "list in directory" and I can see it in CC4. I've assigned it to a "Location" and when checking the individual computers within that location they have the printer added to the list of printers "assigned to location".

And yet the new printer won't show up at all under "printers and devices". I've checked the "Station Delivery Map Printer" logs and nothing is in there to suggest any errors so looks like it's not even trying to pick up the new printer.

I'm probably missing something completely silly here but looking in all the obvious places seems to suggest it should be working fine.

Any ideas?!?!

Thank Post
    As a test rather than adding the printer to the top level location, could you add it to just a single machine? Then reboot the machine a couple of times and see where you go from there.

Thank Post
    I think I'm cursed on these forums. The second I post about a problem it seems to fix itself minutes later.

I just logged onto another machine and the printer has been mapped ok. It seems to be working. It just took an hour or so for the changes to hit all the machines (that's including several restarts as well).

Is that normal for a new printer to take so long to be pushed out to all the machines as well as require a restart? I would have thought it would have been set at log on?!?!

Thank Post
    Do you have CC4UPD118 installed? That resolved nearly all our printer issues on CC4

Thank Post
    CC4UPD118 is relevant if they are using Windows 7. CC4UPD124 is the latest one that fixes printer delivery issues in general. My advice would be to ensure you're fully up to date on your CC4 updates. Remember to do them in the correct order, as per TEC1255704 in the RM knowledgebase.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Brown View Post
    I think I'm cursed on these forums. The second I post about a problem it seems to fix itself minutes later.

I just logged onto another machine and the printer has been mapped ok. It seems to be working. It just took an hour or so for the changes to hit all the machines (that's including several restarts as well).

Is that normal for a new printer to take so long to be pushed out to all the machines as well as require a restart? I would have thought it would have been set at log on?!?!
    Happens pretty much instantly here. Do you have RM Version Report installed? If so, export that and post it here and we can see where you're missing any updates.

Thank Post
    Hi

I have seen this issue before.

have you got a roll up of UPD105, 108, 118 and then 124.
    I believe Windows 7 SP1 fixes this issue.
    I also tried flushing the Local DNS of the Machine and this also seemed to work.

I'm quite interested in if this works for you.

could you let me know?

Thanks

Ryan

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread