+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Windows Thread, Blocking Flash Games Software restriction Policies... Hash in Technical; Once again, Im having to come back to this as students are driving staff mad with flash games. I have ...
    Thank Post
    Once again, Im having to come back to this as students are driving staff mad with flash games.

I have it working on a test machine and it works great but how can I package it up for a vanilla domain. I tried using WinInstall LE but it didnt work properly.

Regards,

Michael

Thank Post
    most of the issues will be that I have probably hard coded some paths that are cc3 specific.
    i think my original source code is floating around somewhere (sourceforge). you could take a peek there and re-compile it maybe.

sorry for the lack of caps, typing while eating lunch.

Thank Post
    Right I finally have this working... I have deployed it to a room and logged on as a student and was able to kill the task with task manager. Defeating the purpose!

We have task manager enabled so that they can kill a crashed application if needed. Is there any way I can make it run as system so that the user can not kill the process?

Thank Post
    Deny them access to taskmgr immediately you must be mad allowing access to this function. They can stop all sorts of services i.e ant virus using taskmgr

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kili View Post
    Deny them access to taskmgr immediately you must be mad allowing access to this function. They can stop all sorts of services i.e ant virus using taskmgr
    All important software runs as the SYSTEM user, so cannot be killed by a normal user. Users can only kill applications that they have started.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post
    All important software runs as the SYSTEM user, so cannot be killed by a normal user. Users can only kill applications that they have started.
    Your a braver man than I am, don't give them access wherever possible

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Right I finally have this working... I have deployed it to a room and logged on as a student and was able to kill the task with task manager. Defeating the purpose!

We have task manager enabled so that they can kill a crashed application if needed. Is there any way I can make it run as system so that the user can not kill the process?
    Perhaps you could look and find a package that can run software as a service, that should stop them from being to kill it.

Thank Post
    Hi Grayda,

Could you please let me know how using group policy, you:

- Prevent certain filetypes from being copied anywhere

We would like to completely block SWF from being copied from thier D: / E: USB flash drives.
    Many thanks
    Tim

Thank Post
    Has anyone got a working copy of GameKiller2 still loafing about really have a problem with stopping people in unmanaged areas accessing SWF Files.

Many Thanks,

Owen

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Hi
    this looks like its worth a try, we also have a lot of FG players (little sods)

has anyone got a working link to the app?
    Thanks

Thank Post

You could run a script to sleep for a minute then check the process is running, then if it isn't - re-run the application.

Thank Post
    Hi all,

This seems to be working great apart from one small bug here:
    When students goto "My Computer" then select their N drive (homedrive) and then load a swf file it gets blocked (the path is N:game.swf) ... but
    If they goto Start then "My Documents", they can sucessfully load the game. This is because the path is "\\nas\student_drives\00a\game.swf"

Does anyone please know how to get it to work when they load a game through a \\nas\etc instead of N:
    OR
    Does anyone please know how to change the "My Documents" to load up N: ?

Currently in AD we have the Documents folder set up as: "Redirect to the users Home Directory"

Many thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Click here for GameKiller 2.5

I have been looking through the source code for gamekiller2 released here by peterp and with some help from "Jenner" on vbforums, managed to overhall Gamekiller
    1) BUG FIXED - Software did not check UNC paths only drives (e.g. N:\game.swf), so "\\server\share\file.swf" would not ever get checked/caught.
    2) BUG FIXED - If any of the symbol characters % ^ & { } [ ] # ` were used in the path or filenames anywhere, it would not check the SWF file.
    3) BUG FIXED - Right Click or constant random entering passwords in the taskbar icon would sometimes cause MCP to crash.
    4) FEATURE - "SHOWICON=TRUE/FALSE" added to the INI. Hide the tray icon at PC level using the INI file.
    5) FEATURE - Hide the Tray icon on all workstations - Add SHOWICON or HIDEICON line to the hashtxt.txt file to make the tray icon appear or hide on next recheck of hashlist.txt
    6) FEATURE - Wait for mapped drives / paths - If any of the paths in the INI are not found on first load, it will then wait 10sec before checking once more. When the paths are found it will continue to load.
    7) FEATURE - Repackaged into a single .MSI for installation on Vanilla networks. Now no REG files or BAT installers to be run.
    8) CHANGE - Now installs just 3 files into "%Program Files% \ MCP", these are MCP.exe, MCP.INI, Interop.SHDocVw.dll and also one shortcut to MCP.exe in the start-up folder.
    9) CHANGE - To try and stop students guessing what this app does and potentially attack it, all references to "GameKiller2" have been changed to "MCP"
    10) CHANGE - Got rid of form-based timers and combined them into a background thread. The background thread requires far less system resources and loops on the same interval as the primary timer.
    11) CHANGE - Icon added to the EXE
    12) CHANGE – Runs with less footprint, now only around 12000k on Win7 64bit. Not seen CPU usage pretty go over 1%
    13) CHANGE - MCP now looks to see if hashlist.txt has changed every 100 cycles (1sec) and if so, reloads immediately. LOADTIMER=X is removed from INI (If timer is set to check the workstation every 5sec this will be 500sec between hashlist.txt checks)
    14) Tested on win XP 32/64, Vista 32, Win 7 32/64.
    Last edited by burgemaster; 20th January 2011 at 12:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Burgemaster,

am interesteing in using this Gamekiller software, please email a link to the software or development site, as all the links in the forum topic appear to be dead.

Thank you
    saudus@chaucer.sheffield.sch.uk
    Steve Audus
    IT System Manager
    Chaucer BEC
    Chaucer Business and Enterprise College

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast