+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Windows Thread, Conficker in Technical; @ oxide54 - I'm talking about me doing this manually on each machine - I just wanted to check the ...

Thank Post
    @oxide54 - I'm talking about me doing this manually on each machine - I just wanted to check the thought process that a fully Windows Updated machine == to a fully patched machine and that there is no need to check to see if individual patches have been installed.

And I did think I didn't need to agree that I needed av as well

My basic driving force on this one is that either the 'f*cker can spotaneously re-combust on its own and therefore I'm doomed

or

It can't do that then I haven't cleaned and the machines sufficiently and I need shooting

or

They is another mode of re-infection involving another sort of f*cker of the person variety that doesn't understand what is going to happen to them when I find them!

At the moment we've only been running with the classroom teacher machines and 6 laptops and the library computer - all others have had their network cables and mains leads removed and the other (older) laptops are in a cupboard wired with 11KV on the handles.

Si

Thank Post
    Well, I've returned this week and no sign of cnf*cker on any machine that I've looked at so far but why not his week when it re-appeared last week ?????
    Si

Thank Post
    This has just popped up our on EIS grid list from another School - similar issue.

As always once I see a scare in another school I do some checks, make sure EPO is fully updated and deploying to all clients and windows updates on any machines I can check.

We have not had a virus here since the Blaster/Welcha? first came out years ago - oh what a nightmare that was (worst thing was my colleague refused to admit that we had a problem). After spending ages making sure every PC was updated etc we managed to get rid of it.
    @SimpleSi
    You could find a PC updated it self or worse the infected machine has been switched off and not turned on. Once that is turned on BAM

Thank Post
    Well - good news and bad news - good news is still hasn't returned again since last weeks re-surfacing - bad news is I still don't know how/why it resurfaced (and then went again)???? and....

.... the schools just got the OFSTED call 15 mins ago (coming on Monday) so I'll be camped out there till next Tuesday with a large hammer in my back pocket to hit it on the head if I see any sign of it!

Si

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Well - good news and bad news - good news is still hasn't returned again since last weeks re-surfacing - bad news is I still don't know how/why it resurfaced (and then went again)???? and....

.... the schools just got the OFSTED call 15 mins ago (coming on Monday) so I'll be camped out there till next Tuesday with a large hammer in my back pocket to hit it on the head if I see any sign of it!

Si
    Last network when I got this returning was fixed when we found a home laptop that a staff member had connected thenselves for music and internet......

Thank Post
    when we found a home laptop that a staff member had connected thenselves for music and internet......
    Well if it is something like that, then the member of staff concerned here has the sense to be lying low now!

And unless its on a 2 week break, cnf*cker's not been back again

Si

Thank Post
    eset nod 32 did the job for us. after a few weeks is was mostly gone but after a couple of months It went completely.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123