+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Adobe Creative Suite 3 in Technical; Seems like Adobe expect any enterprise / corp / large network to have SMS. Quite odd really that a company ...
    Thank Post
    Seems like Adobe expect any enterprise / corp / large network to have SMS. Quite odd really that a company like Adobe dont see that not everyone has systems like SMS to deploy their products, especially in the case of Education or small / medium companies that may have many machines but cant justify the cost of SMS.

Used the script in a computer startup script via GP at all Lithium?

Regardless, any chance of posting the code of the script here for the people?

Ta.

Thank Post
    In our lab testing we hav found that this suite will install sometimes on machines with 512 megs of ram when ran in silent mode. But from Media you would get a "Not enough Memory" error.

The method to deploy is:

Copy the Instlal XMl that you configured to a local folder first.

Then run the silent installer in a batch file.

"\\ServerName\Adobe Creative Suites 3\Setup.exe" --mode=silent --deploymentFile="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\install.xml" --skimProcessCheck=1

Thank Post
    Sorry to bring this thread up again but I spent about three weeks trying to get a suitable system in place for deployment/uninstalling CS3 as we have quite a few media/photography rooms. Absolute nightmare. Unless you pay the thousands of pounds worth of support subscriptions you will get nowhere with adobe support.
    For anyone who maybe interested I suggest you use the standard CS3 deployment strategy as documented here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/deploym...deployment.pdf

and combine in with a startup script in a GPO like this:

Code:
    reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Dreamweaver\9.0\Installation
    if %errorlevel%==1 (goto DeployDreamweaverCS3) else (goto End)

:DeployDreamweaverCS3
    start /wait \\[SERVER]\[SHARE]\AdobeCS3_WIN\Setup.exe --mode=Silent --deploymentFile="\\[SERVER]\[SHARE]\AdobeCS3_WIN\deployment\dreamweaverInstall.xml"

:End
    This basically queries the registry for an existing CS3 installation, if it doesn't find the entry it will then execute the script and install CS3.
    You can of course change the query and which software it deploys to suit your needs and install the entire CS3 suite etc...

(Full thread on this: Adobe CS3 applications

With a bit of tweaking you could also do this for uninstalling CS3 as the deployment directory contains the Uninstall.xml.

It took me a long time to get this working as im a newb to this sort of thing so hope that helps someone.

Unfortunately Ive not found a way to deploy Ultra CS3 and OnLocation CS3 as adobe quite stupidly didn't create any deployment resources for them. Anyone had any luck with those two apps deploying over gpo?

Thank Post

No Joy!

I've gone through the documentation and tried to deploy CS3 via a script but without a hint of success. I get exit code 7.

Ive created the application.xml.override file with the relevant info. The install.xml and uninstall.xml files are in place. Whats going wrong?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnellan View Post
    I get exit code 7. I've created the application.xml.override file with the relevant info. The install.xml and uninstall.xml files are in place. What's going wrong?
    There's a log file written somewhere that'll tell you - sorry, can't remember the filename, but I'm sure you can Google it or simply run the install on a PC then search for recently updated files.

Just to note: our CS3 silent install seems to work just fine with 512MB of RAM. Once it's set up we've actually had remarkably few problems. Adobe Acrobat 9 still messes up Acrobat Reader, though - the two don't seem to like to co-exist, so now people can't view PDF documents from their web browser, which causes issues. All our software installs happen from freshly re-imaged PCs, mind, so there's less to go wrong.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnellan View Post
    I get exit code 7.
    I had to make sure that all internet explorer windows were closed before deploying. If any ie processes were running it would fail.
    Make sure you have put quotation marks around all the path names and perhaps try using this switch:

--skipProcessCheck=1

which may help.

cb

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperHans View Post
    I was tasked with this the other day, and it didn't take long using that guide from Adobe about deployment (which OverWorked has already posted). This basicly leaves you with a silent install script which can be run as a batch file using the correct switch to make it totally unattended. Only problem I encountered was to do with my user permission settings. If anybody needs the .bat or install.xml that i used to successfully install it let me know!
    Hi SuperHans,

Would you be able to send those to me too?

...tell you what, that crack is really more-ish.

Thank Post
    Had a few people ask me this so thought I might just post this short guide...

This is all assuming you copy all the files from the CD to a network share ("Adobe CS3" in this case) from which you will deploy, obvious permissions apply.

Firstly to create your xml go to start> run>

Code:
    "\\path to your adobe cs3 share\setup.exe" --record=1
    Follow the install procedure as you want on all clients e.g. accept EULA, install path, products to install and product key. This will not install it but produce a .xml file in c:\program files\common files\adobe\installers\adobe creative suite 3 design premium.install.xml

I copied this to a safe place, renamed it to just install.xml and placed a copy in the root of the adobe share first created. Then make a .bat file along the lines of

Code:
    "\\servername\share\Adobe CS3\setup.exe" --mode=silent --deploymentFile="\\servername\share\Adobe CS3\install.xml" --skipProcessCheck=1
    Notice it produces a similar uninstall.xml which can be run in the same manner. Assuming all permissions are fine and you run this as an administrator to test if it installs, you should see some action on the hard drive/cpu for a while (~45mins in my case) while it installs. You can then run that as a logon script if all went well and you require that.

Hope this helps everyone.

9. Thanks to SuperHans from:

Ben-at-work (11th February 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tarquel View Post
    Seems like Adobe expect any enterprise / corp / large network to have SMS. Quite odd really that a company like Adobe dont see that not everyone has systems like SMS to deploy their products, especially in the case of Education or small / medium companies that may have many machines but cant justify the cost of SMS.

Used the script in a computer startup script via GP at all Lithium?

Regardless, any chance of posting the code of the script here for the people?

Ta.
    Since it's been dug up...

I just used the regular switches (which are posted here already), the only thing to take note of is you have rack the GPO timeout up to a substantial level, it took 4 hours to deploy per machine here, one at a time... Not sure on how long for more than that, I ramped the timeout to max and left it going over night, a few failed but the bulk was done...

For people who hadn't found out yet, if you install CS3 interactively, you can install the complete suite (I thinky...) on PC's with at least 512mb of RAM...

To run it silently, it'll fail if you don't meet the minimum specification for the most intensive application (Premiere Pro?)

Thank Post
    This fixed the problem for me on a Win 7 silent install.
    Capture.JPG

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12