+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, XBMC always minimising in Technical; Not sure if this is the best place to put it but anyhoo... I'm running Windows 7 at home on ...

Thank Post

XBMC always minimising

Not sure if this is the best place to put it but anyhoo...

I'm running Windows 7 at home on an Acer Revo Aspire and I run XBMC 24/7 on it. For the past few months though, XBMC always seems to be minimised when I flick to my media centre channel. I've never actually caught it minimising, but it's a pain as it means digging out my mouse and restoring the window. I'll watch some movies/TV shows etc on there and then turn the TV off. Next day, I change back to the media centre channel it will be minimised again. There is nothing in the event log and the only other software I have running is my Teamspeak server and Boxee media manager which have been on my PC since day one. There are no scheduled tasks running apart from one weekly task to reboot it.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing it, or what I could do to identify what's causing this annoyance?

Thank Post
    Hey, me too (XBMC, Revo Aspire, Win 7) -but I have seen it minimise. It usually happens in the middle of the night at some point but not at a certain time. One was about 1am and one was about 3am. I was wondering if it was AVG, are you running that? Also running uTorrent on it. I assumed it was something odd about my setup but I'm wondering if it's an XBMC bug.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knelmes View Post
    Hey, me too (XBMC, Revo Aspire, Win 7) -but I have seen it minimise. It usually happens in the middle of the night at some point but not at a certain time. One was about 1am and one was about 3am. I was wondering if it was AVG, are you running that? Also running uTorrent on it. I assumed it was something odd about my setup but I'm wondering if it's an XBMC bug.
    Saying that, I think the issue did start when I upgraded to the first beta, but I've hade every beta since then including the RCs and finally the main release, and I can't see an other people reporting a simile issue so don't think it's a bug.

I did do more researching on it though and I've read that the way XBMC renders in full screen using DirectX, it can lose focus and minimise if any other software creates pop up notifications or take over the screen. I've therefore disabled all Avast AV alerts and will see if I still get the issue. I don't believe any other software is generating messages or pop ups. I'm not hopeful though as I've had Avast AV since day 1 a couple of years ago and had no issue until a few months ago.
    Last edited by Rawns; 24th April 2012 at 10:27 PM.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've not had that problem using a windows 7 machine.

Thank Post
    This isn't using any software that you have mentioned, but I have a similar problem using Xibo on Windows 7. The issue is caused due to the mouse being moved to the bottom right and when the software looses focus Windows recognises that the mouse is hovering over the show desktop icon which results in the windows being minimised. The solution was to disable the notifications so it could be a similar problem? Perhaps an update for something on the machine started it off?
    Last edited by penfold; 25th April 2012 at 09:39 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread