+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Keep Cookies & History, delete other temp files on browser close (IE8 & IE9)? in Technical; I need to keep Cookies & Browsing History, but delete any other Temporary Internet Files when a user closes a ...

Thank Post

Keep Cookies & History, delete other temp files on browser close (IE8 & IE9)?

I need to keep Cookies & Browsing History, but delete any other Temporary Internet Files when a user closes a web browser.

I know how to purge the whole lot on browser close via GPO, but that understandably irritates the end-users who lose browsing history.

A regexed script kind of works, but it's so delicate I wouldn't trust it in production.

I'm after a custom GPO that's the reverse of User Config > Admin Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Delete Browsing History where I can force deletion of certain things, but not others.

However, I don't know if the relevant registry keys exist to trigger this behaviour from a GPO (You can selectively delete as an end-user, however).

(Yes, this is a kludge that fixes something broken unrelated to the browser.)
    Last edited by pete; 20th March 2012 at 01:23 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread