+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Windows Thread, Safari for Windows in Technical; webman laughing me little socks off here...

Thank Post

Re: Safari for Windows

webman

laughing me little socks off here

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky
    Quote Originally Posted by kingswood
    have you really tried to use Linux lately?

Thats like saying "have you used an automobile lately?" "I was in a diatsu getz the otherday and it was crap so all automobiles must be crap..."

Which "linux", which version, what you using it for, on what hardware...??? And probably more importantly judging by your statement, who installed it? You?
    Funny guy.

Linux isn't version though- technically it is the kernel. If you mean "what distribution", then I use Fedora and Ubuntu mostly. And the applications in both have a tendency to be perpetual beta.

I hope you weren't being a weeny and trying to imply that I can't install/use Linux etc. That would be childish.

Thank Post

I was remarking on your rather general statement, which implied you didnt quite understand what linux is (obviously you do).

If you had said "have you really tried to use Linux *APPS* lately?"... but ime you usually have the choice of stable or unstable/beta etc, and lets be right about it these are usually developed by a group of people in their spare time not a multi-billion$ company whos marketing ploy is "it just works"

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

the applications in both have a tendency to be perpetual beta
    Such is the nature of the opensource development model. If you don't feel comfortable with it, I suggest you disconnect from the internet. Most of the core services run on such 'perpetual beta' applications.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I love the new safari.

I like:

- Font smoothing
    - The halo effect round the currently selected form fields
    - Quick loading
    - The thin status bar at the bottom
    - The percentage bar while a page is loading

All very cool features. Firefox suddenly seems awfully slow at loading.

All I need now is an add blocker

Thank Post

I love safari on my mac's its so quick not tried it on the PC yet though. I do think there is some defence in that it is a BETA release and I expect the bugs to be ironed out in future releases.

As much as i love safari i do still tend to use firefox more often not sure wether thats habit .

It's definatly a ploy by Apple to get more people to move to their platform. Whatever happens competion is a good thing hopfully it will get other browsers to become more inovative and we will see cool new stuff from them.

Thank Post

I'm sorry people for perhaps sounding the fanboy here, but it's a side that must be said.

Has anyone heard of Beta software? To totally slag and insult Safari is rather inappropriate, unfair and unstructured.

Yes it has a lot of problems, I've been having a lot myself, but I understand that it is still Beta software and it is out in this state for the problems to be found in the mass market. Please make your arguements fair and just.

Despite my obvious Apple-ness and love of them (I'll admit it), I still work primarily with Windows machines and have to support them everyday. When IE7 beta was out and when I played around with Vista Betas, yes I thought much about their faults, but always knew that they were betas and that things would improve, that it was not my place to expect it to be good in beta form and to slag it off unfairly, despite how easy it would seem for me to "score one for the team" against Windows etc.

Personally, I've found that the recent updates to Safari for Windows have improved it greatly for me, and expect it to be even better when it is out of Beta form.

In the mean time, if you are having problems, don't use it! Like a lot of you aren't. That's fine. My primary Windows browser is still Firefox, so I'm still not completely happy with Safari for Windows, but Safari is my primary Mac browser as it's far far far superior on that platform for me from experience, so I'm not going to sit here and praise Safari for Windows and moan at you all for not using it. It is in an unstable form, granted, my point here is could people please make their arguements slightly more structured and balanced instead of turning things into a brawl.

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123