+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, RIS, Autoimage, Dpsfnshr.exe in Technical; I cant seem to get registered on the roguespear forum so ill just have to ask here. No matter what ...

Thank Post

RIS, Autoimage, Dpsfnshr.exe

I cant seem to get registered on the roguespear forum so ill just have to ask here.

No matter what i do i cant seem to get the dpsfnsher to work. Im using autoimage 1.9.2, method 2 of driverpack integration. I have read on the forums about the 7zip executable being changed and you need the "old version" but what version is that and where do i get it?

Any help :beer:

Thank Post

Re: RIS, Autoimage, Dpsfnshr.exe

The autoimage forum has everything you need but from what I remember I ended up going back to the earlier 1.9.0 version of AI, and following a workaround posted up by one of the other users.

From what I remember it involved:
    - copying 7zip.exe to /$oem$/$1/bin/7zip.exe (you need to look around for a copy of that from another source)

- you may also need to copy the cmdlines.bat (I think it was) to the same /$oem$/$1 directory

Beyond that I think I got it working ok... but in truth I had so many problems with the driverpacks (audio and display) that I just built my own custom packs and used those...

As I said though the forum does have everything you need.. it's just going to require a lot of time..

Thank Post

Ive managed to get on the forum now. I was waiting for the confirmation email which never came, but now im able to get one anyway.

Ill let you know how i get on.

Thank Post

Still no joy

Does anyone fancy sending me a list of the files in their "Images" dir for me to compare against?
    You can use this program to do it. Simply install, then right click on a folder and click "list contents" http://ianramsey.stockton.sch.uk/LFCsetup.exe

:beer:

Thank Post

The key areas that I have scripts in that work are:

\$OEM$\cmdlines.txt
    \$OEM$\ROE.exe
    \$OEM$\RunOnceEx.cmd
    \$OEM$\$1\presetup.cmd (copied from i386)
    \$OEM$\$1\DP... 7z (for as many driverpacks as you installed)
    \$OEM$\$1\ATICCC.ins
    \$OEM$\$1\bin\7z.exe
    \$OEM$\$1\bin\ (all other files that AI will copy to here.)

everything else should be left pretty much as compiled aside, obviously, for the sif file in the templates folder.

Thank Post

Hmm seems im missing \$OEM$\RunOnceEx.cmd

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky
    Hmm seems im missing \$OEM$\RunOnceEx.cmd

I have a feeling that's my custom command set for cmd line installs of apps, etc... so it's probably not necessary..

As I said before though it seems as if your biggest problem is the current version of AI... I've deliberately gone back to version 1.90 as that seems to work best with the current driverpacks which is where the problems come from.

Oh and instead of actually trying to run everything in one go I've gone one stage at a time.. ie: process with ryanvm to one directory, process with nlite to another using the preceding as the source, and so on... that way if one step screws up I can retry... and it seems the driverpacks are always the sticking point..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information