+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Expresso Cachebox in Technical; Hiya guys/gals Im having a little problem with one of my primary school computers and Expresso (CLEO Cachebox software). basically ...

Thank Post

Expresso Cachebox

Hiya guys/gals

Im having a little problem with one of my primary school computers and Expresso (CLEO Cachebox software). basically the main index will not display properly, if just shows what appears to be a text version of the index page.
    First thing i thought was that it might have been trying to install something, so i swapped to my administrator profile and indeed this was the case, it was trying to run an update located on the cachebox (filename was update.* (sorry forgotten now), now windows asks me if i want to install it, i click yes then nothing, i click refresh and it asks me again... and again... and again (you get the picture i am assuming by now). Trying to connect to the directory of the update file fails because i need to log into the CLEO box.

I dont really know what to try now, it is definately computer specific but im not sure what else i can do with it. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is and/or a solution to my little dilema.

BTW ive tried reinstalling from the CPV3 folder (also ran all the other fixes found at that location)

Thanks in advance

DaveT

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Expresso Cachebox

Just a thought. But the browser prefrences doesn't have images disabled does it?

Thank Post

I had a similar dilemma when my cachebox got full. I left it turned off for the best part of a week but when I turned it on I managed to log in and change the settings so it didn't use 100% of the disk space and never had a problem since.

Im using Espresso via Cachepilots. Have never had an issue the cachepilots trying to push software to machines.

I take it when you say main index you mean the main page with the Foundation, KS1 KS2 menus?

Seeing as Espresso is all flash based, it could be a problem with your installation of flash.

Can you access the admin of your Espresso box?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Yes there was an update to flash not so long ago. Maybe your install got corrupted somehow?

Thank Post

Thanks for the replies guys.

Images arent turned off in the browser prefs (not sure if i could handle admitting that here i that had been the problem lol)

it seems as tho this one machine cant find the main menu (flash flavour) so it displays a text version, this text version works fine, and the pages that are linked from this text version work perfectly,inc. all the flash.( i did re install flash with no effect)

Unfortunately i dont have admin access to the cachebox so i cant check anything on there. I wasnt aware that the primary schools had access to it as it was supposed to be maintanance free(in fairness it has been until now).

Well thanx for you replys, im gonna go and collar the it co ordinater so that he can find me the username/pass for the cachebox. its gotta be worth a try although i believe the problem here may be with the specific computer because no other computer has this problem with Expresso.

Thanks again

Dave T

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Primary schools in Lancs don't have admin access to the cache box. (Unless you hack into them). You don't own the boxes you see. If your having problems the only thing you can do is report it to the westfield centre. If it turns out its not the cachebox at fault you'll get charged a few hundred quid call out fee. Nice scam that.

Dave-T

If all other machines are working fine, then loggin into the espresso admin prob wont help. I would look at fixing the PC.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread