+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Offline file sync "access denied" in Technical; I'm in the process of setting up offline files for a few CLT laptops, I have made a new OU ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Offline file sync "access denied"

I'm in the process of setting up offline files for a few CLT laptops, I have made a new OU for my test laptop and for my testing user account both use the standard school workstation and staff GPOs but I have changed them to allow offline file sync at logoff and logon. When ever I try to sync I get an access denied warning for all files in the users redireceted documents, desktop and start menu. The shares used for this redirection have full access to everyone, the users documents and all sub folders have read and write permisisons , the desktop and start menus have full read but no write permissions to prevent changes. I've not setup offline files before but I cant find anything on any changes other then those already made. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Had more luck trying this with a tech account which has domain admin rights and is roaming, this seemed to offline the centralised redirected folders such as desktop and start menu ok, didnt sync the documents tho which I thought would be included in the default offline folders? I've also been told mandatory profiles will have problems with offline and users must be roaming?
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 23rd January 2012 at 03:47 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread