+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Disable a specific msgbox or prevent GesAnt.exe from showing msgboxes? in Technical; Good morning! I got this annoying problem where an application shows several msgboxes when a new profile has been created ...

Thank Post

Disable a specific msgbox or prevent GesAnt.exe from showing msgboxes?

Good morning!

I got this annoying problem where an application shows several msgboxes when a new profile has been created in Windows (xp and 7).

I would like to find a way to get rid of that annoyance.

I can think of 2 ways but I have no idea how to do it.

1) Would it be possible to find the msgboxes in regedit and completly disable them?
    2) I know GesAnt.exe does them so if it possible to tweak this file's permissions and get the same result?

I'm looking for some opinions / solutions.

If you want to know what app it is and why it happens :
    This app is Antidote HD. It is a spell checking program for the french language. Once installed on a computer, the app launch a msgbox saying Microsoft Office Word is now covered, the next msgbox is about Excel, and then Powerpoint and so on.. This is pretty annoying in a lab where dozens of different students create their profile.

Thank you very much

Jonathan

Thank Post
    If the messages are shown only once for each profile and then not shown subsequently, then there is almost certainly a setting in the user profile that marks the messages as having been shown. You want to find this setting and set it in advance. It is most likely a registry setting, but might also be in a file, probably in the profile's appdata/application data folder.

The simplest method is often just to have a look under the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software for a key named after the software or its manufacturer, then look for likely settings in the values. Once you have a candidate value, you can check the registry before and after the messages appear to see if the value changes.

If you cannot find the registry value by guesswork, then you could try using Process Monitor while the messages appear. This is a tool from Microsoft that shows all registry keys and files being accessed or changed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread