+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Doscan.exe in Technical; Hi, I have XP on a standalone laptop running Symantic 10.1.5.5000. DoScan.exe is using a large chunk of CPU on ...

Thank Post

Doscan.exe

Hi,

I have XP on a standalone laptop running Symantic 10.1.5.5000. DoScan.exe is using a large chunk of CPU on startup, making things very slow. Does anyone know how to fix this please?

Thank Post

Re: Doscan.exe

A quick google gave me this -

http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=4020

Symantec Antivirus - DoScan.exe Causes High CPU Usage

This document describes a known situation where Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10.0.0's automatic quickscan at startup uses a large amount of CPU.

After installing Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10.0.0 or Symantec Client Security 3.0.0, you may notice that your computer is starting up unusually slowly. If you examine the processes, DoScan.exe is using a large ammount of CPU and memory. After the DoScan.exe process completes, the Rtvscan.exe process is using about 40 MB of memory.

If you are using SAV 10.1, enabling Windows Terminal Service may resolve the problem.

This problem is fixed in the latest versions of Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition and Symantec Client Security.
    Rob.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread