+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Flash Player 11 msi install through GP - is there a problem? in Technical; Has anyone found a problem with deploying the latest Flash player msi through AD/ GP ? (Server 2003, XP SP3 ...
    Thank Post

Flash Player 11 msi install through GP - is there a problem?

Has anyone found a problem with deploying the latest Flash player msi through AD/GP? (Server 2003, XP SP3 clients)

I deployed this by assigning it in the computer settings of GP. If I test the Flash version using the Adobe test page, it says the install is OK and the correct version number appears. However, when logged in as a user (not administrator), .swf files weren't playing in the IE 8 browser (I have checked multiple .swf files from multiple sites to check it isn't site related). I manually uninstalled Flash, manually ran the msi, and now .swf files are running in the browser for ordinary users too.

Not sure if the AD/GP deployment is being affected by the Hector safety button or not?

Flash Player 11 and Hector

But the msi install with GP runs before anyone is logged in or startup programs happen???

Would someone be able to test the following .swf link (Coin Game from Primary Resources site) on a similar setup while logged in as a user?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just downloaded it [movecoins[1].swf‎] and tested it as one of my student users.

I saved it it his My Documents and double clicked the file. It sucessfully opened in Internet Explorer and I was able to add all of the coind to the while space, move them around and delete them. When the mouse hovered over the cions they were correctly identified by the text that overlaid them.

HTH.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I just downloaded it [movecoins[1].swf‎] and tested it as one of my student users.

I saved it it his My Documents and double clicked the file. It sucessfully opened in Internet Explorer and I was able to add all of the coind to the while space, move them around and delete them. When the mouse hovered over the cions they were correctly identified by the text that overlaid them.

HTH.
    Thanks for your extensive test. I should have explained we couldn't even get it to show properly, let alone play it. All we got was a white screen with a tiny picture icon in top left. But the computer said Flash was installed with latest version.

What version Flash did you have installed, and how is Flash deployed on your machines? I need to see if it matches our setup. As I said, it looked like our AD/GP install of Flash had worked, but I had to manually uninstall and reinstall on machines to get the .swf files to run.

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 925 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Flash Version: Flash 10.3

Deployed via MSI [Group Policy]

MSI: install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Flash Version: Flash 10.3

Deployed via MSI [Group Policy]

MSI: install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi
    Ah, I really need the test run with the latest Flash (Flash 11 active x) deployed with GP, ideally to XP SP3 clients (a lot to ask I know, sorry!). I am trying to establish if the GP install of this version works properly for other people. When I installed it with GP, the machines all say they have the latest version installed but they won't display any .swf files. To fix this, I am having to manually uninstall flash, then manually reinstall. I would like to know if our setup/my install is the problem, or if this happens to other folks. Thanks.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Are you using ie9? Try compatability mode

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread