+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, HP Officejet Pro 8000 wont print from XP in Technical; I have a HP Officejet Pro 8000 setup as a network printer. The print server is a Windows Sever 2008 ...
    Thank Post

HP Officejet Pro 8000 wont print from XP

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8000 setup as a network printer. The print server is a Windows Sever 2008 R2 Server which has the printer on working no problem using the drivers from the disk that came with it. I added the additional driver for x86 machines from the other disk that came with the printer and the server accepted it no problems. The XP machines install the printer no problem but when you try and print anything it errors out. When printing a test page you get the error Test Page Failed to Print, would you like ....

I can't think of any reason why it would be erroring, Server08 is usually rather strict about drivers and only allows ones that actually work to install for x86 machines.

If you add the printer to an XP machine and tell it to use the driver already installed it works, so I'm at a loss as to why it doesn't work from the shared printer on the server.

Anyone used this printer before? or come across a similar problem?

Thank Post
    try removing the x86 drivers from the server then add it to the xp machine and install the drivers from the xp pc to the server

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    try removing the x86 drivers from the server then add it to the xp machine and install the drivers from the xp pc to the server
    I can't un-tick the x86 drivers in the additional drivers part of the printer options, and when I add a new driver for the x64 side the server auto finds the x86 drivers and never asks me to supply new ones.

Is it possible to completely remove a printer driver from the server? and start the whole process again?

Thank Post
    yes it is but on 2008 i cant remember how and ive only got 03 here. IIRC theres a "hidden" printers console where you can remove drivers start typing print into the start menu and iirc it should appear

5. Thanks to sted from:

Arcath (21st November 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks! I found the dialog that lets you delete drivers from the print server. Only problem now is that the machines already think that they have a driver for the printer and aren't installing the new ones from the server...

Thank Post
    The model number HP Officejet Pro 8000.

Method 1:
    You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:
    HP Officejet Pro 8000 Printer - A809a - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Method 2:
    You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check –
    HP Officejet Pro 8000 Driver

Good Luck..

Thank Post
    Sorry about this but Officejet Pro 8000s are literally crap - ditch and move on -sorry for non constructive answer but I'm right
    Si

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Sorry about this but Officejet Pro 8000s are literally crap - ditch and move on -sorry for non constructive answer but I'm right
    Si
    I agree - they really don't work as network printers, I get the feeling that HP cheaped out on the built in print server. They're just about OK as USB printers, just about. We had 4 when I started here, we're down to just one and frankly it is Crap.

10. Thanks to jstuttard from:

SimpleSi (27th May 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread