+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Permission Problem in Technical; Hi I am trying for a user Library to have full control of a Shared Folder on a Windows 2003 ...
    Thank Post

Permission Problem

Hi
    I am trying for a user Library to have full control of a Shared Folder on a Windows 2003 Server.

The Folder is Shared with everyone full control

The Folder is C:\program files\heri4

The Folder is Mapped to the Library User as W:\Heri4

Yet the user seems to have a problem naming one of the dll's or running a setup file on the share..

I made the user domain admin and it worked find but dropping their right the problem returned..

I went to the security settings and gave Domain Users full control to the shared folder and still the problem is there..

I see at the bottom of the property box there is a deny greyed out in the special permissions.

I removed the inherit permissions but still the special permissions deny is greyed out..

How can I sort this ?

I have attached a picture of the permissions box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

kerrymoralee9280

Re: Permission Problem

Don't add the permissions through security for shares, add them through sharing (one tab to the left).

So goto - Where the folder is stored (NOT the share), then the sharing tab, then permissions and add the users in there with whatever control they need.

Sorry if I'm talking nonsense but let me know if that works.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by kerrymoralee9280
    Don't add the permissions through security for shares, add them through sharing (one tab to the left).

So goto - Where the folder is stored (NOT the share), then the sharing tab, then permissions and add the users in there with whatever control they need.

Sorry if I'm talking nonsense but let me know if that works.

This picture is from the server... :-) and I am working on the folder properties on the server.

On the Share tab Permissions Everyone has full control... and it still is stopping a user from changing the dll file..

Thank Post

You havn't got any 'denied' options ticked anywhere have you, as a deny will always override an allow in folder permissions.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

The "special" box is greyed out because you can't change it at that point - you have to use the "advanced" button. There's no tick in the box so you can see that there aren't any special permissions set.

On the sharing tab I would make sure that "everyone" has full control and then on the security tab I would give "users" modify (or full control if you need to change perms etc).

If that still doesn't work then try running sysinternals filemon on the machine where you have a problem (needs to be run as an admin; open a command prompt and use "runas" to start filemon as an admin; set it to capture only the process that has a problem). This should show you what the program is trying to do and why it's failing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread