+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Live@edu print preview problems in Technical; Hi all, wasnt quite sure what forum to put this in so thought i'd put it here for now and ...

Thank Post

Live@edu print preview problems

Hi all,

wasnt quite sure what forum to put this in so thought i'd put it here for now and if its in the wrong place maybe one of the mods could be kind and move it to the right place for me!

We are having a bit of an issue with pupils printing from live@edu. If a pupil opens the print preview screen and prints, the document comes out with a header and footer but no content. I've been doing some playing around and it looks like an issue with group policy settings and more specifically, computer config.

The reason i say this is;

When i print out the page as admin it prints fine and the footer is something like; https://pod51002.outlook.com/owa/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but when a pupil prints out the page and the content is missing the footer shows as file://c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\low\xxxxxx.ht m which i assume means the print preview window is a temporary file which needs to be looked up to print and our group policy settings are blocking access to this?

now from this we decided to redirect app data which we didnt do before to the pupils H drive thinking this might resolve the problem, it hasnt made a difference though. We do quite strictly lock down access to C: but i wondered if anyone had any suggestions or has encountered the issue themselves and knows of a fix?

We are a windows 7 school with 2008 r2. We also have smoothwall but i dont think the issue relates back to that......

Thanks a lot for any suggestions you may have.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi RTFM,

Are you using IE 9?.

I came across a similar bug when I rolled out Windows 7/IE9

If you use gpo to put the site into the trusted zone does it still have the same problem, or if you turn off IE's protected mode does this also fix the issue.

I found that IE was not able to create a temporary folder in the local appdata. I run the following two lines in a batch file run the user logs in to fix it:

mkdir %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low
    ICACLS "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low" /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low

Regards, Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread