I've got a strange issue with a mail merge I'm trying to run here. I'm using Office 2007 (or 2003, the result is the same!) and using a single page letter merged with a list of names in an excel spreadsheet.When I generate the mail merge file it completes ok and all 200 pages look fine (names etc in correct places etc)

But when I try to print anything other than the WHOLE document it generates an error on the PC:

Code:
Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of the spool file in bytes: 0. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 0. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\computername. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 259. No more data is available.
The above example shows the error on a Windows 7 machine.I get a similar error on XP machines. I get the same error when I tried 4 different printers, I get the same error trying to print to PDFCreator!

So if I try to selectively print pages 80-100 it bombs out with the above error. But if I pick a lower range, say 1-3 it starts to print and then proceeds to generate a print file of the whole document!

No idea whats going on here - I've checked the source data and its ok, the merged document previews fine with no odd gaps etc. Any ideas at all whats causing this? Searching for the error above just tends to point to driver issues but I've now tried 5 PCs, 2 differents OS's, 4 different printers and 2 versions of Office!