+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Adobe Flash 11.0.1.152 in Technical; Hello all, Adobe have released Adobe Flash 11.0.1.152. Initial tests have all been successful and there are now native 32Bit ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts

Adobe Flash 11.0.1.152

Hello all,

Adobe have released Adobe Flash 11.0.1.152. Initial tests have all been successful and there are now native 32Bit and 64Bit versions.

[LINKS REMOVED by Moderator]

I've also deployed to Windows XP and Windows 7 with no problems to report. The file sizes are very similar to that of 10.3 (32Bit), however the 64Bit version weighs in at twice the size (around 8.5MB).
    Last edited by TheScarfedOne; 4th October 2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Removing links to download MSI sources in breach of Licence

2. 2 Thanks to Michael:

Dave84 (4th October 2011), speckytecky (4th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Michael.

Is there an easy way of updating things such as Flash, Reader and Java - our clients need to be logged on as an Admin before it happens locally.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,971 Posts
    @Michael. I posted the public Flash Player links in the thread linked below should you need them...

edugeek.net/forums/security/83326-adobe-flash-player-v11-0-1-152-air-v3-0-a.html#post735523

Perhaps I shouldn't bother posting Flash Player updates in the Security forum since hardly anyone goes there?
    Last edited by Arthur; 4th October 2011 at 08:10 PM.

Thank Post
    @speckytecky - Where do I start!? The next time you re-image your workstations, make sure you include all the latest plugins on the image. This is one way and it also means all your machines are running the same versions.

[LINKS FOR FLASH REMOVED by Moderator]

[LINKS FOR READER REMOVED by Moderator]. The most up-to-date version however is 10.1.1, but I wouldn't worry about this too much. There is no MSI for this version, as it's considered a minor revision.

Download the latest Java here. Select the 'Offline' version and save it to your desktop. Now run the Java file, but do not click Install.

If you're using Vista or 7, navigate to this directory:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\ And copy the jre1.6.0_27 folder. You can rename this folder. Please note you'll need all files within this folder!

If you're using XP, navigate to this directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\ApplicationData\Sun\Java\ And copy the jre1.6.0_27 folder. You can rename this folder. Please note you'll need all files within this folder!

Deployment

All three of these - Flash, Adobe Reader and Java can be deployed using Active Directory (recommended).

Alternatively they can be run manually or they can be scripted to run silently. For example:

Code:
    C:\Flash-11.0.1.152.msi /quiet /norestart
    Generally speaking however, Active Directory is the best method for many workstations. Hope this helps

EDIT NOTE: To get MSI links you have to get them from Adobe by getting an enterprise license here - ZH
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 4th October 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Removing links to MSI download sources in breach of licencing

6. Thanks to Michael from:

speckytecky (5th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just a note - you are only allowed to distribute Flash/Air etc... in your enterprise by applying for a yearly license from them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Thanks Michael.

Is there an easy way of updating things such as Flash, Reader and Java - our clients need to be logged on as an Admin before it happens locally.
    Local Update Publisher

We use this for some programs (Foxit, Flash), has been very successful. A Flash version sometimes won't install on some machines, but the next version usually works.

9. Thanks to 3s-gtech from:

speckytecky (5th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    To be clear, you can not, as the email sent says, distribute direct links to the msi or the page with the msi links on it.
    Only Adobe - Flash Player Licensing is a valid link as it states.

I know it sucks but generally Adobe are not too slow and you only need to do it once per year (why per year....) and for new versions over that year I have reused the emailed link.

Kindly refrain from posting links to the Adobe Players MSI pages...
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 4th October 2011 at 10:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks all. Especially Michael. Apologies for getting you into trouble with the MOD'S mate.

12. Thanks to speckytecky from:

TheScarfedOne (5th October 2011)

Thank Post
    When you have only a few to do (or just the odd one etc), perhaps you could use the Flash (Reader/java/others) installer from ninite.com
    Run it as local admin (even when restricted user is logged on) and it works a treat

Thank Post
    Thanks all. Especially Michael. Apologies for getting you into trouble with the MOD'S mate.
    Not at all, apologies I broke the rules. I am aware of Adobe's guidelines, it's just it came to my surprise they appear in Google itself and it was Google results I linked to. If Adobe were concerned by this, surely, surely common sense prevails and they would of done something about it?

Anyway, I hope this helps someone as I have deployed Flash 11 to a number of networks now.

If you wish to distribute Flash 11, please apply here for a license. Have a good day

15. Thanks to Michael from:

speckytecky (6th October 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Not at all, apologies I broke the rules. I am aware of Adobe's guidelines, it's just it came to my surprise they appear in Google itself and it was Google results I linked to. If Adobe were concerned by this, surely, surely common sense prevails and they would of done something about it?

Anyway, I hope this helps someone as I have deployed Flash 11 to a number of networks now.

If you wish to distribute Flash 11, please apply here for a license. Have a good day
    Technically, you have to accept the license agreement in order to agree not to post a link to google. I didn't accept any agreement and posted the link to google here as well. I managed to get an infraction for this ?!?!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    Technically, you have to accept the license agreement in order to agree not to post a link to google. I didn't accept any agreement and posted the link to google here as well. I managed to get an infraction for this ?!?!
    Problem is, by posting direct links, you're encouraging others to go and download and install them without a license - so basically encouraging copyright theft.

Regardless of whether you agreed or disagreed to their license, you are still bound by the requirements of following a license to use their software.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Problem is, by posting direct links, you're encouraging others to go and download and install them without a license - so basically encouraging copyright theft.

Regardless of whether you agreed or disagreed to their license, you are still bound by the requirements of following a license to use their software.
    The link i was busted for wasn't to the direct msi it was to the page that had a link to the msi, which ALSO said
    IMPORTANT: Please review the system requirements for detailed information on supported operating systems, browsers, and languages before downloading and installing this software.

In order to distribute Adobe Flash Player you need to have a valid Adobe Flash Player Distribution License Agreement in place. Click here for details.

On this page you will find information about your license and the Flash Player installation packages for your use. Use the installers to distribute Flash Player to your end-users.

Your license term is one (1) year from the date you accepted the agreement. You must apply for a new license before the end of that term should you wish to renew. You will receive a reminder email at the address you provided 30 day prior to the expiration.
    but mods didn't think that was good enough.
    remind me NEVER to post a link to a linux distribution, as these contain direct links to the flash downloader - hence by the edugeek mods definition would get you an infraction!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread