+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Junior Librarian 3 RuntimeDLL Error in Technical; I have a problem with Junior Librarain 3, that when you go into the Librarian Only section, the program crashes ...

Thank Post

Junior Librarian 3 RuntimeDLL Error

I have a problem with Junior Librarain 3, that when you go into the Librarian Only section, the program crashes with an error. It also displays the error when going into Enquiry but continues. I have attached a image of the error.

It also creates a socket.log file with the information:

Userarea.Initialize Start

Proxy Information
    Server: ()
    Port: 0 (0)
    Username:

Socket Error 10053 Network connection aborted by local host
    Socket Error 10053 Network connection aborted by local host
    Userarea.ReadObject('http://www.microlib.co.uk/download/info.htm',5) Failed with error 10053 Application-defined or object-defined error [RuntimeDLL at 0] Extended Error: Network connection aborted by local host
    10053 Network connection aborted by local host [RuntimeDLL at 28310]
    Userarea.Initialise Failed

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

I am guessing it is a corruption in the MDB database files. I have worked out the password for the LIBRARIAN.MDB file is 196MBVNS84 but do not know where to go from there.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem please?

Thank Post
    I’ve seen this several times when you enter proxy details into Junior 3.

First off I would backup the three database files.

On the install CD is a folder called Extra. Inside is an application called Repair which will rebuild your database. If that doesn’t work phone Microlib and you can email the three files across and they will fix them. The support at Microlib are first class and usually will email the files back very fast.

3. Thanks to mrwobbly from:

CommodoreS (6th September 2011)

Thank Post
    I may be being a bit picky but I don't think the password to the Junior Librarian database file should posted online for all to see...

Thank Post
    know this might sound strange did you phone support they where very good when we had something like this, last time it for us it was down to sophos scanning the local folder and the data folder on the local server.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the help. I will try the repair tool later today. Unfortunately the school does not want to pay the 295 per year for support for this, and Microlib will not help you out at all unless you pay that. Its a shame they don't have a smaller support fee for solving one off issues, as I expect there will not be another problem in the next year, and 295 for support for one program for a small junior school seems a little excessive.

With regards to the password, I found an 9 year old freeware tool which immediately gave the password: Access PassView v1.12 so not that difficult to find it out.

Thank Post
    with support that is allways the problem, how much is downtime worth to you over the cost of the support and not having the downtime or access to updates / fixes.

Thank Post
    As far as I am aware no updates and fixes have been released for this version of the software since 2008.

I find it extremely poor that this is a known bug in the software, and they expect 295 to fix this problem as it is not something that myself or the school has done wrong, but a problem caused by being supplied with buggy software in the first place.

I tried the database on my PC at home which has no proxy and it worked without any errors displaying, so definitely appears to be an issue with the proxy server settings. I've added the school proxy details into the database, although interestingly the software never crashed after re-running it at home which the schools proxy details entered. There does not seem to be any way to disable or remove the proxy settings completely. It was on port 0 when I opened it, and there is no way to blank to port number.

Thank Post
    With regards to the password, I found an 9 year old freeware tool which immediately gave the password: Access PassView v1.12 so not that difficult to find it out.
    Yes I found it out easily too...just not as easily as reading it published openly online...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread