+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Adobe CS5.5 Silent Bat installation help needed in Technical; Hi I have packaged the Adobe CS5.5 into an MSI using the Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition Creative Suite Enterprise ...
    Thank Post

Adobe CS5.5 Silent Bat installation help needed

Hi

I have packaged the Adobe CS5.5 into an MSI using the Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition Creative Suite Enterprise Deployment | Adobe Developer Connection

The MSI was built OK but it says that is cannot be deployed via GPO only with SMS or what's it's called now SCCM..

But I have been told that you can create a bat file for a Silent Mode installation and not have to use SCCM

How do I create this Silent Mode bat file as I run...... msiexec /s C:\New folder\CS 5.5\Build\cs5.5.msi and it keeps failing

Any help would be appreciated

Thank Post
    msiexec /i packagename.msi /silent

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It needs to be a completely invisible instance of MSIEXEC. This is what I use:

Code:
    start /w msiexec /i "%path to file%\Adobe Design Suite CS5.msi" /qn

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norphy View Post
    It needs to be a completely invisible instance of MSIEXEC. This is what I use:

Code:
    start /w msiexec /i "%path to file%\Adobe Design Suite CS5.msi" /qn
    Amny thanks..

Ran this at the dos prompt in a cmd window and nothing happened C:\>msiexec /i "C:\New folder\CS 5.5\Build\cs5.5.msi" /qn

ran this C:\>msiexec /i C:\New folder\CS 5.5\Build\cs5.5.msi /qn and the windows installer help window opened ?

Where am I going wrong ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Are you sure that nothing happens? It has to be run silently to work which is what the /qn switch does. Check the task manager and see if something like "set-up.dat" appears. If so, it's installing in the background.

The reason the help window appeared the second time is because there is a space in your file name. It's taking everything after c:\new as a variable and getting confused. Keep the quotes in the command or move the file to somewhere with no spaces.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norphy View Post
    Are you sure that nothing happens? It has to be run silently to work which is what the /qn switch does. Check the task manager and see if something like "set-up.dat" appears. If so, it's installing in the background.

The reason the help window appeared the second time is because there is a space in your file name. It's taking everything after c:\new as a variable and getting confused. Keep the quotes in the command or move the file to somewhere with no spaces.
    Yes thank you it is working now.. :-)

My other problem is .. will the Adobe installation ADD to or OVERWRITE the Adobe Web Premium with the Design Premium or must I manually uninstall the Web Premium..

Did google it but no help there..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am pretty sure everything other then acrobat will be left behind (aka no uninstall) so you will have to manually remove the old version sadly unless adobe has an install switch to remove old versions.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    I am pretty sure everything other then acrobat will be left behind (aka no uninstall) so you will have to manually remove the old version sadly unless adobe has an install switch to remove old versions.
    Yep you're right.. no upgrading.. have to uninstall Web premium from each machine by hand :-(..

Also the AAMEE does not package Acrobat X Pro it excludes this and then creates a script link to the MSI on the installation share which can be deployed via a GPO but the main installation can only be installed via a Silent Installation bat file or Windows installation server
    Last edited by Grommit; 12th July 2011 at 11:50 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread