The name pretty much says it all... I am trying to install a Brother MFC8880DN onto an XP SP3 RM system but it comes with a nice confusing variety of drivers. i was wondering if anyone has a similar system and has managed to install this printer successfully?
Can't say I've setup this printer, but the normal steps below work for CC3
1) plug into Network socket to get an IP address
2) Get the Windows XP drivers from the site or installation CD
3) Pick a server, and select to add new local printer. Add IP port with the address of new printer (check in DHCP if your not sure what it is)
4) Point installer to drivers
5) Check that the Sharing option is ticked, and Listed in Active Directory is ticked
6) Assign printer via RMMC as normal to workstations.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)