+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Problem with RM mobile one and Windows in Technical; Hi I'm the network manager for several schools in Brum, and have been having a problem with one schools RM ...

Thank Post

Problem with RM mobile one and Windows

Hi
    I'm the network manager for several schools in Brum, and have been having a problem with one schools RM CC3 network.

The school uses RM mobile one laptops and they worked fine until about a week ago when three developed fatal errors and failed to boot to XP. I've tried to use RM Restore to recovery one of the laptops but all that did was install Windows Vista Business (no good as the wifi and net adapters don't function in Vista.) The previous tech left no discs or documentation for the laptops so I'm in a bit of a pickle.

What's the best way to restore these laptops to CC3 and windows XP when I haven't got any of the original documents or CD's?

Would it be possible to clone one of the working laptops and reload the image onto the HDD of the malfunctioning ones (bearing in mind the network and wifi cards are not working, but usb ports are.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure how to move forward with this one.

John

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    RM CC3 networks have a network rebuild option that should do it for you. You have to use a floppy disk(!) to initiate it, if you don't have said disk you can build it from the RM Management Console.

Thank Post
    Will that work when the network card and wifi aren't working...? sorry for being thick but RM is new to me and I find there methods a bit counter intuitive

Thank Post
    You boot from the floppy, which has the network drivers on it. The machine should then re-image over the network. Has the school got a RM Support contract? There are guides on their site for re-builds, as well as many other aspects of CC3.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread