+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Printing Access Reports... or not! in Technical; We've got a problem here with access and reports. The student works on a smallish database (about 10-20 records) and ...

Thank Post

Printing Access Reports... or not!

We've got a problem here with access and reports.
    The student works on a smallish database (about 10-20 records) and then builds a report to print.

When they print the report, the job is sent to the print spool and appears in the list then dissapears immediately (doesnt say 'Printing' in status box).
    The report doesnt print. If the student recreates the report, in the exact same way, it will print properly - other times it will not.
    If I get them to close the access database and I open the database myself (as administrator) I can print it.
    This happens quite randomly during a batch of 30 students and will be very problematic/stressful during exam time so it needs to be resolved.

The printer is a HP 2420n, PCL6 driver, (same happens with HP 2300n, PCL5e), all printers are centralised to one server and then shared with permissions for students to print and staff to manage documents.

Anyone have any ideas? Ive attached the file for you to look at (remove .txt) - youll have to use a restricted user to test it as it definately works with admin.
    The report name that works with the student is DB15a, the one above that doesnt work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread