+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, GPP Printer mapping not appearing in Technical; Right this is really starting to annoy me now. After extensive testing in as many ways as I could think ...
    Thank Post
    Right this is really starting to annoy me now.

After extensive testing in as many ways as I could think I got this working as I wanted and even set my drives to map using GPP also but all of a sudden an hour later none of my preferences are now applying!! I really don't know how this can simply go from mapping everything as expected to just nothing when no additional changes have been made from when it was last working.

Even my test machine that's been rebooted numerous times now doesn't map anything and a gepresult shows that the policies are being applied!!

I've gone back to basics and created a user in the OU container where these policies are applied and who isn't a member of any domain groups other than "domain users" yet this time unlike before I get nothing still. I'm unsure what I can try next other than restore all my old logon scripts pfffft.

Anyone any ideas?

Thank Post
    Any chance there is a DC Replication problem?

Thank Post
    Run gpresult /h gpreport.html from a vista or windows 7 client (I know your using xpsp3 butI don't know if this works in xp) and find the gpreport.html and you can see how everything applied INCLUDING the preferences (Cause RSOP.msc doen't show them).

Thank Post
    There's no problems with replication. Checked event logs and the reset of the network is functioning fine.

I've run the RSOP wizard from the GPMC. On my test machine the preferences have processed and am getting successful results now for some reason (Seems very flakey) yet on another machine in an office over the other side of the school the same report doesn't show these applying at all.

I've been googling and some mention that sometimes applying the GP isn't triggered when a change is made to the policy and so doesn't process on next logon which appears to be the case seeing as sometimes this does and sometimes it doesn't so enabling “Process even if the Group Policy objects have not changed” is the suggestion but the setting that needs changing (Drive maps preference extension policy processing) isn't present under "Computer Configuration | Policies | Administrative Templates | System | Group Policy" where it's meant to be. I'm viewing this from a RSAT GPMC FYI.
    Last edited by randle; 22nd June 2011 at 05:14 PM.

Thank Post
    Well for those interested. I found and added the Win 2k8 GPP ADMX template to the central store and was then able to enable the Printers Policy Processing "Process even if the GPOs have not changed" setting which looks like it's now mapping consistently.

I've not tried this for drive mapping yet but want to make sure this works for printers first going by my recent attempts

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12