+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Group Call and Cashless Catering in Technical; We have just had a cashless catering system installed. It is install with Groupcall and i was wondering if it ...
    Thank Post

Group Call and Cashless Catering

We have just had a cashless catering system installed. It is install with Groupcall and i was wondering if it is possible to create a little script that will force a job to run in groupcall from a desktop PC rather than the admin girls ring me up and say "can you run the Biostore inporter please".

Tim

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    We have just had a cashless catering system installed. It is install with Groupcall and i was wondering if it is possible to create a little script that will force a job to run in groupcall from a desktop PC rather than the admin girls ring me up and say "can you run the Biostore inporter please".

Tim
    I think you can schedule the biostore importer - mine is all automated.

I'm guessing your using cunninghams if so give them a call and get them to set it up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,861 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure it can - our library system uses the GroupCall Exporter, and it runs periodically, but is set up as a service to do this rather than scripted.

I'd say contact your cashless catering company and see what they say.

Or is it a second program, ie. something in Biostore which needs running rather than GroupCall?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Or is it a second program, ie. something in Biostore which needs running rather than GroupCall?
    Ours is setup so that GroupCall runs the reports out outputs to a CSV, ID Gateway Swings by and collects the data and then feeds into ID manager which is all automated. I've just got to upload to parentpay which is a pain in the backside as the MIS sync is rubbish

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    I think you can schedule the biostore importer - mine is all automated.

I'm guessing your using cunninghams if so give them a call and get them to set it up.
    Yeah, we are using cunninghams. I have spoken to them already and they said it cannot be done.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I'm sure it can - our library system uses the GroupCall Exporter, and it runs periodically, but is set up as a service to do this rather than scripted.

I'd say contact your cashless catering company and see what they say.

Its a job in groupcall which needs to be run "biostore-students". Im just waiting for a phone call back from group call now.

Thank Post
    I think i might have found a way round this. All i need is to get the MMC snapin added to the list in MMC and point it to the server.

When you start to install the bio_store_GCX.exe, it downloads the groupcall.exe file from groupcall. It is placed in a temp folder in the profile. Find the exe file, copy it to the desktop and cancel the setup. Now install the exe on the desktop and when it says about the MIS, select other. Once installed, groupcall is blank without any settings but mmc is able to pick up the snapin. Point the snapin to the server that groupcall is installed and bobs your uncle, remote management for groupcall thought quick question.... how would i go about just installing the MMC for Groupcall?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo343 View Post
    I think i might have found a way round this. All i need is to get the MMC snapin added to the list in MMC and point it to the server.

When you start to install the bio_store_GCX.exe, it downloads the groupcall.exe file from groupcall. It is placed in a temp folder in the profile. Find the exe file, copy it to the desktop and cancel the setup. Now install the exe on the desktop and when it says about the MIS, select other. Once installed, groupcall is blank without any settings but mmc is able to pick up the snapin. Point the snapin to the server that groupcall is installed and bobs your uncle, remote management for groupcall thought quick question.... how would i go about just installing the MMC for Groupcall?

Mate I would definetly give Groupcall a ring, they are VERY good at sorting all this out, have you got the lastest version with the MMC, think its v4.
    We have group call automatically doing 2 jobs, one for our cashless and again for read/write access to our Facility/eportal data by external sources.

Good Luck

Thank Post
    Yeah, we have group call version 3 which was download from groupcall when I started to semi install the biostore database with groupcall. I contacted groupcall via email and phone but its been 24 hours now so i have done what i originally said i was going to do and it works. The only thing i had to do was to put the mmc in limited use rather than author mode. Now the admin girls are happy and have control over the jobs.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread