+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Windows Thread, IPADs and Outlook Calendar in Technical; Hi We have a shared calendar in school and recently the school has purchased couple of IPADs and the SLT ...

Thank Post

IPADs and Outlook Calendar

Hi

We have a shared calendar in school and recently the school has purchased couple of IPADs and the SLT team would like it to sync to google calendar and vice versa!

I really can't see a way of doing this, has anyone experienced this before? Basically we don't want to use google calendar sync!

Thanks

Thank Post
    Are you running exchange to do this in school as I thought that all that data was pulled from exchange (certainly 2007) if you were doing to give you access to it. It might take a bit of configuring, but if you set up an account on exchange for each of the iPads then you could set this up on iPads themselves and have it pull the information that way.

I'll grab an iPad and double check ..

The only other way I can think of (given you don't want to use the Google work-about) would be to have a dock (or just use the lead, but docks don't involve plugging in so staff are more likely to make use of it) to sync up to the local computer account and then it at least has a close to up to date version of the calendar on, even if it's not realtime ..

Thank Post
    Just checked and it does indeed sync them up .. gives you the option of what to sync ..

photo.PNG

so that might be the way forward if you're using exchange ..

Thank Post
    You know what .. completely misread your question about Google not outlook .. it's Friday .. does that count? lol ..

(is there an "I'm a muppet" emoticon?)

Edit:
    Oh no, hang on, you were asking about Outlook, it's just you mention Google as well .. ok .. now I'm well confused .. anyway .. if what I said helps great .. if not, I'll be sat in the corner thinking I'm going slightly insane .. lol ..

Thank Post
    Yes, we have exchange 2003 onsite which handles the emails and stuff. Basically what i want is for all ipads to be able to sync a particular calendar on exchange!

Thank Post
    *steps back out of the corner having realised he wasn't quite going insane .. well not on this point anyway*

I know it's exchange 2007 that we're running, but I think you can do the same with Exchange 2003 so if you have all your e-mails set up, it's worth while seeing if you can a) add the iPads to the exchange system and then b) if it gives you the calendar option, and then playing about to get the settings right for the calendar you want to sync ..

Thank Post
    I have been looking at this. I think the best way of doing it would be to create an account for shared calendars or an account per calendar.

Then the users will need to add that account to their Ipad but only sync the calendar (Shown in aptproductions screen shot).

So in your case create this new account then copy of contents of the current shared calendar into it.

Hope that makes sense

Thank Post
    This makes sense but the only problem i can think of is that we use a self issued certificate for our exchange server and i know that apple products don't like these type of securities... Please correct me if i am wrong or whether there is a way around this?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    This makes sense but the only problem i can think of is that we use a self issued certificate for our exchange server and i know that apple products don't like these type of securities... Please correct me if i am wrong or whether there is a way around this?
    You're right, they don't really like them, but you can add exemptions now (a button will come up saying verify - I have a Radius server here for the WiFi and when I join an iPad (or my iPhone if I'm needing access to something and don't have a computer to hand) it just pops up with a "Not Verified" thing where you can view the Cert and click accept if you're ok with it .. I think it then stores this information unless you remove the account (or change the cert for some reason) ..

Thank Post
    We also use a self issued certificate. When you add the account it will give a warning and you will have to say you accept it but you only have to do this once when you set it up.

Thank Post
    I will give this a go again because I remember few months ago, this wasn't working either on the iphone or ipad!

Thank Post
    I will give this a go again because I remember few months ago, this wasn't working either on the iphone or ipad!
    Make sure you have the latest version of iOS installed on the device to be sure ..

Thank Post
    By the way can you have an exchange account setup on the IPAD to sync calendar only but then also have your google account setup to do email and calendar at the same time?

Thanks

Thank Post
    By the way can you have an exchange account setup on the IPAD to sync calendar only but then also have your google account setup to do email and calendar at the same time?

Thanks
    You can set up as many accounts as you have physical space for on your iPad .. so I don't see why it should be an issue .. I've not played with the Google sync settings though for such things .. You just have to make sure you follow the instructions on Google I'm guessing (the latest version of iOS supports multiple Exchange accounts so should be good to .. I might have a play myself actually .. lol ..)

Edit:
    Just in case .. http://www.google.com/support/mobile...40&topic=14252

Thank Post

Thanks
    Yes

Also within calendars there is an option to select which calenders you want to view

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast