+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Exchange Server 2007 and Active Directory in Technical; Am I missing something obvious, but I cant seem to get Exchange to create mailboxes at the same as a ...

Thank Post

Exchange Server 2007 and Active Directory

Am I missing something obvious, but I cant seem to get Exchange to create mailboxes at the same as a new user is created in the active directory.

Thank Post

Re: Exchange Server 2007 and Active Directory

Not sure about 2007 but on previous versions you had to have the exchange admin pack installed on the machine you are creating users on.

Thank Post

In the exchange management console. choose recipient and mail box. on the right hand side it gives you an option for new mail box. within here it will allow you to create a user as well as the mailbox into whichever ad container you want.

Thank Post

I've installed the Exchange 2007 management tools on the PDC, but it doesn't seem to have given me anymore functionality in Active Directory Users and Computers .

Whilst adding a user from the exchange console works, I really need a way to keep the mailboxes in sync with the users in Active directory, so that when we add a new year to the system they all automatically get email accounts setup.

Thank Post

Just follow this steps:

1. Open Exchange Management Console
    2. Expand Recipient Configuration
    3. Click on Mailbox
    4. In the Mailbox pane, click on New Mailbox...
    5. Introduction. We have to choose what kind of object we are creating, in Exchange Server 2007 we have four different mailbox types:

- User mailbox: This is a traditional mailbox.

- Resource mailbox: This is a mailbox specifically assigned to Meeting Rooms. Its associated user account will be disabled in Active Directory.

- Equipment mailbox: This is a mailbox specific to resources, (i.e. TV, Projector and so on). As with a Resource mailbox, this kind of mailbox will disable a user in Active Directory.

- Linked Mailbox: This kind of mailbox will be used in environments with multiple forests.

In the Introduction window, select the appropriate mailbox type and then click Next to continue.

6. User Type. In the User Type window, we can choose either to create a new user or to assign an existing user to the new mailbox. If we choose to assign it to an existing user, we will have to check if the account does not already have a mailbox associated with it. Click Next to continue
    7. User Information. In the User Information window, we should fill out the personal information of the user and select the Organization Unit where it will be created. After that click on Next
    8. Mailbox Settings. On the Mailbox Settings page, we can define the mailbox information such as Alias, Mailbox Server, and Mailbox Store where the new mailbox will be located. The policies for Mailbox and ActiveSync can also be defined in this step. We can choose which fields we are going to fill out and then click Next to continue.
    9. New Mailbox. In the New Mailbox window, we will get a summary of all the information that we selected in the previous steps. These parameters will be used by the PowerShell engine for the creation of this mailbox object. To create the mailbox, click on New.
    10. Completion. In the Completion window, we will see the cmdlet New-mailbox and the parameters that we used in the creation process of this new mailbox.

Thank Post

Found http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/1...lk-create.html

Which explains how to give mailboxes to batches of users through PowerShell.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

How are you finding exchange 2007? We are looking to upgrade sometime this year.

Thank Post

I can't tell you much, as I haven't used Exchange before, and am only running the trial to get up to speed and see what it offers for when we switch over to Server 2003. From what I've seen its quite good.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread