+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Toshiba Satellite C650 Laptop Recovery in Technical; Hi everybody just wondered if anybody could help. Currently having problems with a Toshiba Saterlite c650. It has been working ...
    Thank Post

Toshiba Satellite C650 Laptop Recovery

Hi everybody just wondered if anybody could help. Currently having problems with a Toshiba Saterlite c650. It has been working fine up until a few days ago. When it completly crashed and now wont boot up. For some reason the person my so called friend has deleted the partition on the hard drive containing the recovery software and didnt make a dvd backup. I have tried installing a copy of windows 7 on to the laptop but get so far and then comes up with an error. Have tried two separate instal disc for windows 7 both having the same problem. Have even tried installing it from a usb drive which results in an error appearing when setup is completing stating that windows cannot configure to the current hardware. Windows xp installs fine for some reason but has problem with windows 7 even though the laptop is designed to and has run windows 7 perfectly fine before the crash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,249 Posts
    What are the error message(s) you're receiving exactly?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    What are the error message(s) you're receiving exactly?
    When installing from a disc it says that instalation files are corrupted or missing. When installing from USB pen error msg reads Windows is unable to be configured with hardware.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,249 Posts
    You could also try a USB optical drive and see how this goes. It sounds possibly like a memory or hard disk problem to me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You could also try a USB optical drive and see how this goes. It sounds possibly like a memory or hard disk problem to me.
    I have tested the memory and that came back fine. Hard disk has shown errors using seatools. Unsure how to solve them though. Have managed to install XP on it for now.

Thank Post
    Had to send my girlfriends son Laptop back to Stone Computers Toshiba C650 there has been reported HDD failures from quite a lot of ppl the tech person reported awaiting for the orginal packaging to send back

There is a recovery option you need to boot to the secondary partition I used Hiren's USB to boot but could not recovery due to the HDD been faulty glad it was under warranty I believe you could try CTRL F11

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 955 Posts
    I was going to say use test disk to recover the partition ( assuming the hard drive is not faulty ) and assuming all the recovery files are there and in tact it should allow you to recover / re install from the 2nd partition

Thank Post
    Sounds like Windows 7 is a bit more fussy about the HD being in a working state or that the install is that much bigger its only when that much data is on the drive that it starts to fail?

That's why Windows XP is working but 7 isn't... Check to see if the laptop is still under Warrenty with Tosh if not pull the Hard Drive out yourself and then check with the HD maker if its still under warrenty with them

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread