+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, OWA problem!!! help! in Technical; Hi Everyone Got a prob with OWA. No one can access it externally. I accessed it sucessfully in IE7 on ...

Thank Post

OWA problem!!! help!

Hi Everyone

Got a prob with OWA. No one can access it externally. I accessed it sucessfully in IE7 on the actual server, and also accessed it fine from another workstation on the network.

I have a netpilot(crappilot) v3.2.5, and it has port forwarding setup to route all traffic on port 80 to the internal ip of the server.

How can i test the forwarding, as externally i am getting nothing but 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'.

There is network connectivity. The DNS records for the domain are all present and correct. I can sucessfully ping both the domain name and the ip address from another seperate network.

I have tried running adsutil and resetting the OWA folders but that has not had any effect, i have tried disabling the forwarding on the netpilot and re-enabling it. I have checked permissions for the virtual directory and as far as i can see everything is OK there.

Personally i am putting money on the netpilot at fault with its forwarding. The only other thing that strikes me is that the server isn't listening correctly on port 80??

Any suggestions guys?

Kevin

Thank Post

Re: OWA problem!!! help!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin
    How can i test the forwarding, as externally i am getting nothing but 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'.

There is network connectivity. The DNS records for the domain are all present and correct. I can sucessfully ping both the domain name and the ip address from another seperate network.

I have tried running adsutil and resetting the OWA folders but that has not had any effect, i have tried disabling the forwarding on the netpilot and re-enabling it. I have checked permissions for the virtual directory and as far as i can see everything is OK there.

Personally i am putting money on the netpilot at fault with its forwarding. The only other thing that strikes me is that the server isn't listening correctly on port 80??

Any suggestions guys?

Kevin
    This seperate network you mention is offs-site, on a VLAN or just a seperate subnet?

Have you checked your firewall settings? Do you use ISA, Smoothwall, IPCop etc. or does your RBC/SIP provide the firewalling?

Have you tried from home. Try telneting on port 80.

Thank Post

seperate network connected to the internet via a unique static public ip address.

Tried telnet public_ip 80

and get connect failed

Firewall is built into netpilot- i have set port forwarding on port 80 to the correct IP address

Kevin

Thank Post

More info

when i run netstat i notice that for servername:http the state is 'time_wait'

Kevin

Thank Post

since the telnet doesn't work, it sounds like your port forwarding is shot... try re-configuring this!

Thank Post

We have a recurring issue where every so often our OWA stops responding for no apparent reason.

A reboot or diable / enable of the outward facing NIC cures it.

Perhaps a similar issue?

Thank Post

Silly question, it's not being served on a secure HTTP connection is it, and thus needing port 443 as oppose to port 80? Just a thought, I've come un-stuck with this before when I didn't realise HTTPS used a different port!

Mike.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information