+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, What's the difference between Sharepoints? in Technical; What are the main differences between Microsoft Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Sharepoint Server 2007? Are there really any ...
    Thank Post

What's the difference between Sharepoints?

What are the main differences between Microsoft Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Sharepoint Server 2007?

Are there really any major benefits to Server 2007 or will the Services that come with Windows Server 2003 upgraded to version 3.0 be adequate?

Does anyone here use either?

Will this replace the current Public Drive that just appears as a shared drive and uses WebDAV for home access for staff or is it something that will run along side and complement or confuse?

So many questions, sorry.

Thank Post

Re: What's the difference between Sharepoints?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts

Re: What's the difference between Sharepoints?

A very big instant difference is WSS 3.0 is FREE as part of Server 2003, where as MS Sharepoint Server 2007 is not free, and comes in 2 flavours. I have used both WSS and MS SS, and in the end I went for the full Server 2007 as it will allow more room in the future for more use.

If I remember correctly, more searching is an option in the Server Sharepoint 2007, and things such as "My Site" look a good feature for future potential, and as 2007 has only just come out this year I cannot see the point of not getting it as we think we will use the "My Site" stuff in the next 12 months anyway so we may as well get it now instead of setting up one thing and moving to the next etc

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread