+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Roaming Profile not Syncing in Technical; Alright, a brand new install of XP SP2, and the roaming profile is uploading to the server on first logoff. ...

Thank Post
    Alright, a brand new install of XP SP2, and the roaming profile is uploading to the server on first logoff. Must have changed something pretty important in my image, so guess I'll try rebuilding my image and trying again!

Thank Post

My problem was me being stupid and forgetting to give the new user permissions in the test folder I was using

Thank Post
    I have had this happen from time to time, mainly with Windows 7 builds. Earlier in the week I spent hours trying to create a new profile for a new member of staff on a new laptop with W7, and no matter what I did it just would not create a profile. Most of the time it gave a temporary profile once logged in, but created the folder structure "[name].V2" on the server with all the correct permissions. Finally I went to another machine, logged in as the user and bam! straight away it worked. Went back to the new laptop and logged in, and everything worked fine.

Had this happen with XP machines too though, in our old office set-up me and the (ex)techie had a note reminding us not use to use a certain couple of machines to create profiles as they never worked.

Very strange stuff!

Thank Post
    I don't get it. I created a clean XP and it worked fine. So then I decided to rebuild my image.

I made a new WDS image with XP Pro, installed SP3 and all update. Then put on .net 1-4, client side extensions, and the 888111 audio hotfix, captured the sysprepped machine. Then I put this new minimal image on a machine, tried again and we are back to the same as before.

Stumped!

Thank Post
    Okay, after a couple of days solid of install something, join domain, test it is definately when I install SP3 as part of the image. So without SP3 profiles are uploaded at first logoff, whereas with SP3 on I have to loggof, restart the machine, log on and the profile is uploaded at this second logoff.

Seems I can't use SP3 as part of my image, but can anyone help me answer:

1) Why does this happen?
    2) If I don't include SP3 as part of my image, is the same going to happen still when I roll it out using WSUS?

Thank Post
    Okay, found the issue and posting here incase anyone else stumbles on it. Glad to see the back of it, that's for sure!

It turns out that when you have SP3 installed and also have the checkbox ticked for "User must change password at next logon" in AD it causes this kind of problem. Installation of When you try to log on to a Windows XP SP3-based computer by using a roaming profile, the roaming profile cannot load. and plenty of testing later and it seems to be rectified.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12