+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit - Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Adminstrator Core ??? in Technical; Hi Guys, I wondered if any of you could give me some advice on the MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit, im ...

Thank Post

Question MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit - Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Adminstrator Core ???

Hi Guys,

I wondered if any of you could give me some advice on the MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit, im considering buying this as i dont really wanna spend 1800 quid to go on a course and learn about this and want to learn and take the exams at my own pace. The thing that im worried about is will this give me everything i need to know and will it allow me learn about everything in a simple way rather than just give you the knowledge to pass the exams, im not knew to computers or anything like that but im also no expert and this subject would be completely knew to me so im lookin for something that will break me in with ease and not expect me to know everything but also once Ive read the books etc be able to then take the exams or work in this field to gain the experience.

If any of you could advise that would be great plus if any of you have actually bought this kit and used it too your comments would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Ed

ps the link for the kit is below incase anyone is wanting to buy it ( on offer on amazon at the min

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647 : Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Adminstrator Core Requirements Book/CD/DVD ... Core Requirements PRO-Certification: Amazon.co.uk: Dan Holme, Tony Northrup, J.C. Mackin, Anil Desai, C

Thank Post
    they do mainly teach you to pass the test (in my experience with a win7 one) there is useful knowledge in there but a lot of it you probably already know and just need to convert that knowledge into ms speak. I managed to pass (got the exact pass mark which was cutting it a lot close) the one i did after reading about 2/3 of the book (in a nutshell work needed 2 people with ms quals so i had 5 days to pass a test). Personally if you have one id get it on kindle as the books are heavy as f and a pain to deal with imo but that just personal opinion

3. Thanks to sted from:

woodie23 (30th March 2011)

Thank Post
    Looks like it's definitely worth the money. The question is, are you totally new to using and administering servers or not? If you are, you may struggle to pick things up at first. If not, then I can see this being quite advantageous. It's something I should well be looking to do myself but haven't the money.

5. Thanks to DAZZD88 from:

Thank Post
    I've taken a few exams using the Microsoft self paced exam kits. As long as you can put the time in, you will get results. You have to set a routine of doing work, and stick to it. I'm currently onto my 4th MS exam now. I'm doing "Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration". As someone else said, it teaches you to pass the exam, but there's so much stuff in there you may never use. It also shows you how expansive Server 2008 really is when you delve into everything it has to offer. Most people will only ever touch about 50% of what it has to offer.

7. Thanks to sven from:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread