+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Update Printer Driver problem in Technical; We have a number of Brother 6050 printers in school and today we are receiving messages on the workstations stating ...

Thank Post

Update Printer Driver problem

We have a number of Brother 6050 printers in school and today we are receiving messages on the workstations stating that an updated driver is available and needs to be installed before the printer can be used.

Nothing has been changed on the print server regarding these drivers, but a HP Laserjet driver was added yesterday to the server and has been since then that issues have arisen. We also noticed today that the driver used in the advanced tab of printer properties has been changed on all 6050 printers. None of my team has done this and we do not know why.

We deploy printers via Print Management and GPO and have tried countless restarts GPupdates and the drivers will not install unless a member of my team with local admin rights logs on. The driver will then automatically install in the background and not prompt.

I know we can do this site wide but would take too long. Has anybody got any ideas how we can resolve our situation. I have read about using Point and Print options in GPO's but would this resolve the situation.

Thank Post
    I have resolved the issue....

Creating a GPO with the Point and Print features enabled under User Configuration / polcies / Administrative Templates / Control Panel / Printers. You will need to enable the following settings (When installing drivers for a new connection: Do not show warning or elevation prompt, When updating drivers for an existing connection: Do not show warning or elevation prompt) under the Point and Print Restrictions.

The user will require a logoff and logon for changes to be picked up

3. Thanks to deano from:

McBridge (16th February 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks for that. That same problem has been bugging me for a while. Same thing happened to me changed 1 driver and they all went nuts.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread