+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Adobe CS5 Deployement in Technical; I've recently purchased Adobe CS5 Web Premium and am attempting to create a deployable package via " Adobe Application Manager ...
    Thank Post

Adobe CS5 Deployement

I've recently purchased Adobe CS5 Web Premium and am attempting to create a deployable package via "Adobe Application Manager". It appears the Flash part of the install has got an issue with being installed without Photoshop being present. So have created Two separate packages and placed a dependency so that Flash is installed after the package with Photoshop but still Flash fails to install. The ridiculous thing is that if you make a package of all applications clumped together this still fails! Surely there would be some internal install order present to make sure this succeeds.

Looking at the install logs it always mentions that a specification is missing: "Photoshop" which was what made me think a dependency was required but this also mentions that Photoshop core CS5 requires a parent of "Photoshop Core CS5_X64" even though I haven't chosen to create a 64bit version of the package.

Bit confusing but was wondering whether anyone else has had this issue and managed to work around this?

Thank Post
    On further searching I've found that Payload errors referring to x64 can be ignored on 32-bit installs. I'm also seeing what happens when creating a separate package around each application so might get more of an idea of what's causing this failure.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have got the same suite and done all separate installations. I will get all the info of my Uni tech that i gave the project to, and post it up tomo. One point which we cant fix yet though is Flash Catalyst which on first run wants to write to the desktop for some god unknown reason. Grrr!

Thank Post
    Thanks.

I created separate packages yesterday and after deployment have found that it's the Flash Builder and Catalyst packages that just don't want to install. There's the Adobe Support Advisor tool that I'm going to now try which apparently analyzes log files so hopefully will give me some idea of why this is failing.
    Last edited by randle; 18th January 2011 at 12:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Well according to the Adobe Support Advisor tool it appears that these packages are failing due to conflicts. It's possible to set to ignore conflicts when creating the package via Adobe Application Manager however even selecting this and re-creating the package still causes the install to fail for the same reason!! Need to find the config file and check to see if they've really been set to ignore conflicts.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread