+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, What do you use to display the code of conduct on screen in Technical; hi I have seen some software which will display the code of conduct on the users screen until they click ...
    Thank Post

What do you use to display the code of conduct on screen

hi

I have seen some software which will display the code of conduct on the users screen until they click accept. If you click decline it will log you off.

I have a piece of software that will do this every time the user logs on,this is very annoying. I am looking for a program that will do this once a term or automatically on a schedule.

I HAVE TRIED AUP INFORMANT BY BIZZELL. IT WILL NOT RUN ON TERMINAL SERVICES.

Does anyone know what does this, and will work on terminal services? Preferably free!?

thanks
    nick

Thank Post
    I have a logon script (based on HTA) which does just this, I am home now, but will dig the code out and post it here tomorrow - it also re-asks the user to accept every 60 minutes, as there was a case in another school where staff got off by saying they logged on in the morning but then forgot what the message said by the afternoon.

Thank Post
    I use a registry setting, HKLM/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS NT/CURRENT VERSION/WINLOGON

Two string values there, LegalNoticeCaption & LegalNoticeText. The Text string says they're agreeing to the school AUP/Code of Conduct, copies of which are posted on-line and A3 size posters in every computer room. The posters make it clear that they're a 'Reminder of the terms YOU signed when agreeing to use school compters'.

You can either build the reg setting into your images or deploy it with policy, which is what I do.

That should of course read, 'The Text string says that by cicking OK, they're agreeing etc etc blah

And it will work on TS, set the registry seting on your servers.
    Last edited by Earthling; 9th December 2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: EDIT

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread