+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Exchange 2003 - sending a message on behalf question. in Technical; Hi Was wondering if this scenario is possible We have got a email address which we use called pastoral@queensbridge etc ...
    Thank Post

Exchange 2003 - sending a message on behalf question.

Hi

Was wondering if this scenario is possible

We have got a email address which we use called pastoral@queensbridge etc which doesn't give the identity of which persons email address it is, any emails that go to this account then get forwarded to this individuals email account.

What we want to do is for this individual to reply back to a sender which will be a parent but doesnt identify their username email address, instead we would like it to go from the pastoral email.

We use web outlook. I know this is possible if we use ordinary outlook. Could this be done.

Is it a setting which i need to adjust on server manager on my exchange server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank Post

Re: Exchange 2003 - sending a message on behalf question.

Hi, yes it is possible.

If you have given the admin user send as privigiles for the mailbox of the pastoral account. Go to <school.domain>/exchange/pastoral account. You will be able to log on using the admin member of staff's password and username.

As far as i'm aware that is the only way. I'm off for the night now but if you need any other info i've pm'd you my work email, and i'll get back to you tomorrow, or contact via here.

Thank Post

Re: Exchange 2003 - sending a message on behalf question.

If you are using multiple email address for a single mailbox (ie all mail to pastoral is delivered into an existing user's mailbox and redistributed) you will have problems as there won't be a dedicated mailbox to the address for which you can apply permissions.

One way around that would be to set up a public mail folder called Pastoral with appropriate user permissions, remove the email address from the existing user account, and mail enable the Pastoral folder in Exchange system manager.

Then, when you reply to one of the emails, click on options and tick the "From" setting. A "From" box appears above "To". Enter the folder mail address in "From". Job done!

This definitely works, although one side effect is that once you delete something there is no Deleted Items folder to recover stuff from and if you accidentally delete the mail enabled folder itself you will have a fun time putting it back! I would advise creating an administrator account for managing mail folders and apply ownership of folders to that user. Give others the minimum permissions needed to manage the messages.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread