+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Printing multipage documents on 1 page in Technical; We have a strange problem where a few of our HP network printers have decided to start printing multipage documents ...
    Thank Post

Printing multipage documents on 1 page

We have a strange problem where a few of our HP network printers have decided to start printing multipage documents on 1 page, but not by shrinking the text - they actually print the pages overlaid as if you'd put them through the printer multiple times.

Changing over to the PCL6 driver works, so it's only a problem with the PCL5 driver. I'm wary of this though because we've found that the PCL6 drivers are more problematic than the PCL5 in the past so I'd like to find out why perfectly working PCL5 drivers have suddenly gone haywire.

Has anyone else seen this problem? It's happened on multiple printers, not all of the same model. We have put out .net framework 3 recently, but that's the only major change to the clients I can think of in the last week. The server hasn't had any updates in the last week or so.

Thank Post

Re: Printing multipage documents on 1 page

I had a problem with the PCL6 drivers on some HP printers but I think that this was a conflict with Print Manager Plus.

HP do 'scrubber' utils IIRC that completely remove all traces of the driver. I would download the latest PCL5 driver and re-install after 'scrubbing'.

Thank Post

Re: Printing multipage documents on 1 page

I might do that after the printers and users are migrated over to the PCL6 driver then possibly move them back to PCL5. I'm just puzzled about how it could happen to multiple PCL5 drivers within days. Possibly they have some files in common and one has become corrupted.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread