+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Acronis Problems in Technical; We bought Acronis Snap Deploy 3 several months ago, and it had been working fine until shortly into the summer ...

Thank Post

Acronis Problems

We bought Acronis Snap Deploy 3 several months ago, and it had been working fine until shortly into the summer vacation. Since then it has proceeded normally picking up the PXE server, and all the machines are registering in the Deployment Console, but when I hit the Proceed button all the machines bar one simply reboot with the remaining machine imaging normally.
    Since then we have installed the software on its own VM server (Win2008) without any outside software interference other than the OS, but it still repeats the above problem. We have a call with Acronis but everything they have recommended has so far failed. I'm at a loss to understand why the software should be functioning normally and 24 hours later presenting this problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank Post
    I use Snap Deploy, but my set up means that I can only do one machine at a time. Yes I know that kind of defeats the object but it works. Could it be an MS update screwing things up perhaps?

3. Thanks to leco from:

beeswax (21st September 2010)

Thank Post
    Acronis Snap Deploy was initially installed on my colleague's (XP) machine when the problem was first encountered. It was a couple of weeks after that we moved it to a VM with Win2008.

Thank Post
    heres how i tend to use it

i do a room at a time , i also separate the room from the rest of the network

i then plug my laptop with the software on into that switch and it normally works

unsure what mode you use uni cast or multicast . But when one didn't work i swapped modes and did it that way ... was quite a bit slower but worked

Thank Post
    RESOLVED:
    When setting up the template to image out a suite of machine you can also instruct Acronis Snap Deploy to rename each machine. I thought I was using the correct format, but in fact it ended up that each machine was to be given the same name, and so all but one machine was dropped when sending out the image. I've gone back to using sysprep for the image(s) for the time being, ignoring completely the options offered by Acronis, and I've imaged out a couple of suites without any problems.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread