+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, TSWeb published via ISA issues in Technical; Okay I've published the TS website and it displays this fine externally but when you type in a server name ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

TSWeb published via ISA issues

Okay I've published the TS website and it displays this fine externally but when you type in a server name or IP address it shows a blank screen and give you a message saying it cannot establish a connection. I think it's trying to resolve the name I put in for the server via the browser on my laptop instead of resolving it locally where the site is hosted? Firstly is there an easy way or am I going to have to publish the TS server via ISA as well?

Wes

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 2,288 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is your listener setup to take connections from both inside and outside the network?

You could also just use split DNS by setting up an internal mapping for just the specific external domain name pointing to the internal address instead of the external one. This is probably better as it will go direct rather than through ISA and will only affect users inside the network.

As below:

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows/32089-dns-forwarding.html#post303240
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    You need to do as below because as soon as you set it as a record on your DNS it is authorotive:
    Re: Non authoritative domain on Windows Server 2003
    You could create a zone called "hostname.domainname.com" and then within
    that zone create a blank host A record (same as parent) pointing to the
    relevant internal IP

Then your server would only be authorative for the zone "hostname.domainname.
    com"and any records within that zone (such as the same as parent host record
    you need)

Only drawback to this is you have to create a separate DNS zone for each host
    and a same as parent record but it works
    or in a different wording
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    I would just make a new forward lookup zone of moodle.domain.com (I assume on zone is domain.com) and create a blank A record with the IP.
    That *should* work?

3. Thanks to SYNACK from:

wesleyw (16th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    Okay I've published the TS website and it displays this fine externally but when you type in a server name or IP address it shows a blank screen and give you a message saying it cannot establish a connection. I think it's trying to resolve the name I put in for the server via the browser on my laptop instead of resolving it locally where the site is hosted? Firstly is there an easy way or am I going to have to publish the TS server via ISA as well?

Wes
    If this is going through the ISA - in the properties of the listener don't you setup what addresses it will accept connections on? (am assuming when you say server name you are not referring to its domain name)

I'm not 100% sure but its something like that

5. Thanks to glennda from:

wesleyw (16th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @Synack: I'll check to see how the listener is setup, I've already implemented the split DNS as we have several external facing sites we use internally.

@Glennda: I've tried the external and internal name of the server, external and internal IP addresses as well.

However I think I haven't published the Server correctly publish the TSWeb fine but I think I've made a mistake somewhere with the publish server wizard. I think I'll have a chat with the LEA and see if they can access it within our Council network if they can it's a problem further along the chain.

Wes

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread