Poll: What is your experience with Spiceworks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Let Spiceworks Help You With Your IT Management Needs in Technical; Greetings EduGeek forum regulars! My name is Jason Smith and I'm the Online Marketing Manager for Spiceworks . We're honored ...

Thank Post

Lightbulb Let Spiceworks Help You With Your IT Management Needs

Greetings EduGeek forum regulars!

My name is Jason Smith and I'm the Online Marketing Manager for Spiceworks. We're honored to be the exclusive sponsors of the EduGeek.net Windows Forum throughout the summer.

A little background on Spiceworks: We create network management and help desk software for IT pros and SysAdmins around the world.

One advantage Spiceworks has over our competitors is that our software is 100% free - forever! This includes any product upgrades we have (19 software iterations since we launched in January 2006) and phone and online support. Spiceworks remains free thanks to IT sponsors that offer exclusive deals and promotions in non-intrusive advertisements directly in the IT management app.

If you currently use Spiceworks or have used us in the past, I'd love to get your feedback on your overall experience. What did you like? What didn't you like? Where could it improve? What functionality would get you to become more reliant on the software? Do you (or would you) recommend Spiceworks to other IT pros you know?

If you never used Spiceworks or never heard of us before, I'm open to any and all questions that you may have, either in this thread or via PM. If the question is too technical for me, I'll get you a response from someone on my Development team as soon as possible.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you soon.

-Jason Smith, Your EduGeek liaison to Spiceworks
    Last edited by Spiceworks; 13th July 2010 at 10:21 PM.

Thank Post
    I am looking at changing our help desk software this next few weeks, so will give it a go.

Thank Post
    We've just hit our 5000th ticket! And love it. From our point of view there can be requests where we often find we have to juggle a ticket between techs as we each have different roles and would be great if it was possible to create sub tasks directly from withIn each ticket. Would help track those more complicated requests a little better.

Although I'm sure I've spiced up this request on the community forum

Can't think of anything else right now! Great to see spiceworks in edugeek!

Edit: just thought about it a decent mobileUI (iphone cough cough) and HTML 5 graphs instead of flash
    Last edited by gaz350; 13th July 2010 at 10:34 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imiddleton25 View Post
    I am looking at changing our help desk software this next few weeks, so will give it a go.
    imiddleton: That's great to hear and we'll be thrilled if we can convert you! Please ping me if you have any questions about the installation process or with getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz350 View Post
    We've just hit our 5000th ticket! And love it. From our point of view there can be requests where we often find we have to juggle a ticket between techs as we each have different roles and would be great if it was possible to create sub tasks directly from withIn each ticket. Would help track those more complicated requests a little better.

Although I'm sure I've spiced up this request on the community forum

Can't think of anything else right now! Great to see spiceworks in edugeek!
    gaz: Thrilled to hear from an avid Spiceworks user! Very valuable feedback too. If you expressed your thoughts in the Community, I'm confident it's being considered for future iterations. But I can also personally pass your info over to the team.
    Last edited by Spiceworks; 13th July 2010 at 10:36 PM.

5. Thanks to Spiceworks from:

imiddleton25 (13th July 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well interesting I am about to install it here over the summer holiday..

Russ

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Used it myself for a while, its a good bit of software but is creeping towards software bloat in my opinion, especially the help desk.

I ended up writing my own version that was more streamlined but based it on the good ideas of Spiceworks.

Thank Post
    I just found it too slow to be useful.

Thank Post

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Well interesting I am about to install it here over the summer holiday..

Russ
    Excellent Russ. I look forward to hearing about your experience with Spiceworks.

Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Used it myself for a while, its a good bit of software but is creeping towards software bloat in my opinion, especially the help desk.

I ended up writing my own version that was more streamlined but based it on the good ideas of Spiceworks.
    Thanks for the feedback. While Spiceworks prides itself on its expanded (and growing) functionality, you never have to use any functionality other than what you need.

Still, glad to hear Spiceworks was the inspiration for you to build your own help desk in house!

Quote Originally Posted by mbird View Post
    I just found it too slow to be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Same here. I was going to blame the server it was on but I installed the free version of Manage Engine's Servicedesk and that works perfectly. Support and teaching staff also like it so I can't see any reason to change.
    mbird & Gibbo: Thanks for your feedback as well. I apologize that Spiceworks didn't offer the speed your organization required at the time. Speed is one of the things our entire development team works intently to improve with every release.

I'm curious which version of Spiceworks each of you last used. For instance, Spiceworks v4.5 was 40% faster than all previous versions. And later this summer, Spiceworks v5.0 promises to be even faster than that. Feel free to give the most recent iteration of the software, Spiceworks 4.7, a try and see if you notice a vast improvement.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread