+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Intermittent Sharepoint and Nethood corruption. Documents in this folder are not... in Technical; Hi, Bit of a weird one to throw out there... Completely randomly some users will experience and error whereby a ...

Thank Post

Intermittent Sharepoint and Nethood corruption. Documents in this folder are not...

Hi,

Bit of a weird one to throw out there...

Completely randomly some users will experience and error whereby a Sharepoint document they have been editing quite merrily for some time will return the message: "Documents in this folder are not available. The folder may be have been moved or deleted, or network problems may be preventing a connection to the server." When they come to edit it.
    It is also identifiable by a corrupt Nethood. It seemingly only affects the one particular user on that one particular workstation. Removing the profile doesn't fix the problem. However, a system restore of the workstation to a time prior to the error message appearing will fix the problem. - No applications and seemingly no system files have been modified in the period between restore points and as I say, other users on the same box won't have the problem.

In all cases, if the user can pinpoint a date when the problem started we can restore to a date prior and it will start working again. In a limited number of cases the workstation will corrupt again within days. If this happens our current fix is to reimage the workstation. Which so far has fixed the problem permenantly.

We are using XP SP3, Office 2007 and Sharepoint server 2003.

Has anybody come across anything similar?

Thanks,

Thank Post
    Whilst Googling for something else have found the fix for this.

When the user gets the error "Documents in this folder are not available. The folder may be have been moved or deleted, or network problems may be preventing a connection to the server." In XP you need to run c:\windows\system32\webfldrs.msi in repair mode. Uncheck Repair all detected reinstall problems but check everything else. Runas an administrator with the user logged in.

In Windows 7 download the following: Download details: Software Update for Web Folders (KB907306)

Thank Post
    Mate your a Legend, sorted me Right out..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread