+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Printer defaults on Ricoh sp c420dn in Technical; I have a ricoh colour laser that installs via group policy, via the viglen classlink system. This printer is pay ...

Thank Post

Printer defaults on Ricoh sp c420dn

I have a ricoh colour laser that installs via group policy, via the viglen classlink system. This printer is pay per click so I really need to be able to set the default to black, forcing people to change the driver. When this is set in the server proerties, and the default printer properties it just defaults to colour on the client.

I have tried everything, but I am just after a theory before I start getting in deeper.

Is there likely to be a setting within the gpo itself?

It scares me

Thank Post
    On the print server go to printer properties for the printer. Go along to the advanced tab and within that click the Printing Defaults button. Change the default colour in there to black and white and press OK. When the printer gets deployed it should now have black and white as the default .

It's what we do here with all of our printers (including the C420DN) and it works well

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    On the print server go to printer properties for the printer. Go along to the advanced tab and within that click the Printing Defaults button. Change the default colour in there to black and white and press OK. When the printer gets deployed it should now have black and white as the default .

It's what we do here with all of our printers (including the C420DN) and it works well
    Which driver did you use, the postscript?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post

On ours - we had to set it twice - once in General/Printing Preferences and again in Advanced/Printer Defaults - we're using the PCL6 drivers

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread