+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Integrate MRBS and Sharepoint? in Technical; Hi, I work at a relatively small school here in Australia as the ICT Officer and after having to deal ...

Thank Post

Integrate MRBS and Sharepoint?

Hi,

I work at a relatively small school here in Australia as the ICT Officer and after having to deal with the awful intranet that was in place when I started have begun work on replacing it with a Sharepoint Services site. While looking for a better alternative than the Room and Equipment booking template I stumbled upon edugeek and consequently MRBS. While I can get it running without an issue I certainly am not am expert with sharepoint or web design (most of my experience and training is with IT support and administering a Windows domain. so while I know enough VB for scripting and a little HTML you would consider me a novice in this area).

To get on to my main point I was wondering if there is some way to integrate MRBS and Sharepoint Services so they use a single sign-on and the teachers do not have to continually enter their passwords.

I would appreciate any advice I can get on this.

Cheers
    Rhys

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    MRBS: Documentation : AUTHENTICATION

You will want to use LDAP and point it to your Active Directory setup (That is what sharepoint integrates into anyway for SSO)

Thank Post
    Sorry, I do understand I can link MRBS to LDAP, but are you inferring that since sharepoint does the same the user will stay logged in somehow.

I should note that teachers will be accessing this from non-domain computers as well as the desktop PC's we have on campus.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    They will use the same db of users (because sharepoint in most cases is just using a LDAP link to your AD database), but the sessions won't persist between sharepoint and mrbs, so staff would need to reenter their username/password.

Thank Post
    Sorry, this is probably way to late, but if you deploy mrbs on a windows iis server, you can use 'none' for authentication and 'nt' for the session scheme in mrbs and use the Integrated windows authentication (ntlm) in iis. This should give you single sign on for you windows domain users. Anyone using other browsers will be prompted for there domain logon. You may find you need to enable digest authentication for some clients as well. This should all be in the mrbs documentation.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread