+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, System time and everything running double fast - HP DC8000 elite Business Desktop in Technical; We have recently bought HP DC 8000 elite Business Desktop and install our image on it. Everything is running double ...
    Thank Post

System time and everything running double fast - HP DC8000 elite Business Desktop

We have recently bought HP DC 8000 elite Business Desktop and install our image on it. Everything is running double fast including system time which is pretty annoying.

We have tested it with the HP original image which works perfect.

We have already 450 HP machine they work just fine with this same image.

I have tried everything , sysprep, newsid etc. but unable to solve the issue.

Any suggestion please.....................

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,249 Posts
    I would say this is a system problem rather than an image problem. Try resetting the BIOS to defaults and/or updating the BIOS. If neither of these work I would call HP.

Thank Post

Smile We've been cloning our old Dell 280/620 images to HP DC8000 Elites

Quote Originally Posted by apur32 View Post
    We have recently bought HP DC 8000 elite Business Desktop and install our image on it. Everything is running double fast including system time which is pretty annoying.

We have tested it with the HP original image which works perfect.

We have already 450 HP machine they work just fine with this same image.

I have tried everything , sysprep, newsid etc. but unable to solve the issue.

Any suggestion please.....................
    About 5% of them are having the runaway clock. Some are from known bad images with bad sectors that were barely salvaged. Others were what appeared to be fine images. Some boxes showing the runaway clock were fine after another image was loaded so it seems its not a hardware issue. We tried replacing the W32Time DLL's and registry settings but nothing seemed to fix or affect the issue. We did notice today on one box that the clock slowed down when Media Player was started to play an MP3 file. Also stopping... Then sped up again to 2x fast when it was shut down. I'd love to be able to get this one issue taken care of... Unfortunately we use a non standard load so we can't do a repair from an XP OEM setup disk.

Thank Post
    We have resolved the issue. It was with the BIOS settings rather than any other hard ware problem. We were trying to image the new DC8000 elite desktop with old sysprep image which did not work on it. We have created another sysprep image for it and it worked perfectly since then.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread