+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Creating AD users in a web front end in Technical; I would like to create a web page or integrate into sharepoint the ability to fill in information about new ...
    Thank Post

Creating AD users in a web front end

I would like to create a web page or integrate into sharepoint the ability to fill in information about new users and have teh code create the user using the supplied information.

Would anyone have any starting places to look at?

TheLibrarian
    If money isn't too tight you could consider buying this XIA Automation Server - CENTREL Solutions for 250 + VAT.

We've got it and so far it's turned out to be extremely good.

Best of all, the author is more than happy to make changes to the product if he thinks it will better the product - and has backed this up with actually doing so for me!

Thank Post
    thanks but no can not be brought. It somehow has to go into sharepoint. If I can do it directly in sharepoint great if not ill embed the code into sharepoint somehow.

Thank Post
    Xia server was my first thought too, its is a very good product.

BoX

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about creating some form of web service and web part? How are your c# skills?

Thank Post
    Don't bother with c# - it's got a higher learning curve than vb.net - download either vb express or vwd express for free from microsoft.
    Have a look at Home: The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site, I have found lots of useful info on there for designing web pages and linking into acitve directory.
    Or you could design basic web pages and use vbscript - there are loads of vbscript examples for what you want to do

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie_OLSJ View Post
    Don't bother with c# - it's got a higher learning curve than vb.net - download either vb express or vwd express for free from microsoft.
    Have a look at Home: The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site, I have found lots of useful info on there for designing web pages and linking into acitve directory.
    Or you could design basic web pages and use vbscript - there are loads of vbscript examples for what you want to do
    It depends if you want to do an ASP.net based web part, or a Silverlight based tool. Writing a Webpart for Sharepoint is not fun, nor easy. It isn't the same as writing a pure ASP.net website - you have a lot more freedom when you do that. If you do decide to choose ASP.net, then VB.net is probably a better choice, as there are far more examples on the web of that being done.

If you choose a silverlight based tool, C# is your friend. Production of silverlight apps is a lot quicker and easier than ASP.net, as they act more like winforms than web apps, so their behaviour is easier to visualise during development.

Also, if you do decide to go down the 'code your own' route, I'd recommend using a web service in between whatever you create and the AD. It will increase security, and allow for a more structured development.

Thank Post
    Going to give Silverlight in C# a try as it will go nicely into SharePoint 2010

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread