Windows Thread, Forefront Security Install Error in Technical; I am looking to trial the Microsoft Forefront Security Anti-Virus as i can get it really cheap as part of ...
12th May 2010, 11:14 AM #1
Forefront Security Install Error
I am looking to trial the Microsoft Forefront Security Anti-Virus as i can get it really cheap as part of my Schools Agreement. I have created a new virtual server to install it on and im getting some really stupid error messages!!
Error messages below:
- Warning having two or more processors is recommended - I have given it 4 in the virtual server software!
- Warning more RAM is recommended for the components (4096 required) - have set it as 4096 in virtual server settings.
- Error more disk space is required (Required space 19968mb) - has 43.6gb free!!
- Error could not contact SQL Server SERVERNAME - have installed sql express 2005 and installed sp2 for it.
- Could not access address http://SEVERNAME/Reports, server returned an error (404) not found - IIS6 installed!
- as above but /ReportServer
- The SQL Server service must be set to automatic startup - All SQL Services are set to automatic except 'SQL Server Active Directory Helper' and 'SQL Server Browser'
- as above but service SQL Server Agent.
Server is 2003 R2 SP2 with all available updates, GPMC, Report Viewer and WSUS 3.0 SP1. These are all the software pre-requisites for this software.
IDG Tech News
12th May 2010, 03:27 PM #2
12th May 2010, 03:30 PM #3
Firewall is off, and everything is on the same local machine
13th May 2010, 09:04 AM #4
Just going to try this myself on Hyper-V, I'll let you know how I get on.
Is there a pre-requisite installer like sharepoint has?
13th May 2010, 09:08 AM #5
Nope no pre-requisite installer i just followed these instructions Installing the software prerequisites for a one-server topology
13th May 2010, 09:54 AM #6
Hmm Forefront management server doesn't install on Windows 2008 Server R2!!
Verifying your system requirements
Think I might wait until the update is out before testing it.
Damn shame as I need a solution to cover my R2 64bit servers.
Last edited by zag; 13th May 2010 at 10:11 AM.
13th May 2010, 10:04 AM #7
Im trying to install on server 2003 r2 and it doesnt say that should be a problem!!
13th May 2010, 10:12 AM #8
Heres my check log
Looks like this software is nowhere near finished, I also get the processor warning on a quad core virtualized system
13th May 2010, 10:17 AM #9
thats the same ones i was getting. Im going to try it on a server 2003 (non R2) and also serve r2008 (non r2) to see if that makes a difference!
13th May 2010, 11:43 AM #10
Is it possible that the software is not compatible with running on virtualized servers?
13th May 2010, 12:00 PM #11
i hadnt thought of that! i will try a normal machine as well!! i have a spare quadcore machine next to me that should do the job nicely!
By bertster in forum Windows
Last Post: 15th September 2009, 11:41 AM
By DSapseid in forum EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package
Last Post: 30th June 2009, 10:54 AM
By Andie in forum Windows
Last Post: 19th January 2008, 11:21 AM
By danIT in forum MIS Systems
Last Post: 7th December 2007, 04:23 PM
By DaveP in forum Windows
Last Post: 22nd January 2007, 11:05 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)